TWENTY-FOUR| Peace

A/N
I was SO insecure about the last chapter, I thought it was shit. But your nice comments made me feel so much better about it. Y'all are so sweet.

Vote and comment please. Your comments make me so happy.

Warning: mentions of sexual assault, assault.

"Oh my god!" I gasp, covering my mouth with my hand

"Oh my god!" I gasp, covering my mouth with my hand. "You got me a phone?" I look down at the box in my hand.

"Yeah. Alessio told me you'll start working soon, thought you'd need it. Plus, everyone has one these days. It'll help you settle in." Marco says, leaning back on his chair with a smile on his face.

I look at Alessio a smile on my face. A smile that slowly fades as I see his tense posture, the glare on his face, his brows pulled in slightly.

"Open it." Marco's hand touches my shoulder, making me cower back.

"Don't touch her. She doesn't like it." Alessio's voice makes our heads snap to him.

Well, I like it when you do it.

Marco quickly draws his hand back, watching me apologetically. Before he can say anything I start opening the box.

I pull out the white phone, my brows furrow as my eyes fall on the black screen.

Maybe it doesn't work?

I hear Marco chuckle. "Let me turn it on for you." He takes the phone from me, pressing on the side for a couple seconds before passing it back to me.

An apple icon lights up on the screen before the whole screen lights up. My eyes widen as I eagerly watch the screen. We sit on the couch as I let Marco help me set up the phone.

——

"Oh my god! You can even find recipes on this app. I love Pinterest." I turn the screen towards Alessio, watching as he nods at me.

I come out of that app, just scrolling through my phone when something catches my eye.

Wait what?

Oh god!

A gasp leaves my lips as my eyes fall on the picture of a man. The same man that served us at aunt Lily's bakery.

22 year old Sam Miller Jackson, found dead in NYU dorm room. He was found by the NYPD, 2 broken arms and a bullet through the victims head. No suspects yet.

"What's wrong?" I hear Alessio's voice.

"The server. The guy that served us in aunt Lily's bakery. Someone killed him. Oh my god." I show him the tab.

Alessio hums under his breath as a small smile forms on his lips.

Why's he smiling?

"That's terrible." I look back at the phone. I put the phone away laying back on the couch.