THIRTY-ONE| Tell me

Play the song. It will make it better.
Please vote and comment.

23 days later~ January 19

"Callan, you gotta keep stalling him. I need about one more hour." I say, mixing the filling batter.

"Ugh, I'll try. You gotta be quick. He's very impatient to get back home." He sighs. "Be honest with me, do you have some type of love spell on him?"

A laugh escapes my lips. "Definitely." I reply, sarcastically.

"Oh shit. Gotta go. He's coming." And he hangs up.

It's Alessio's birthday today. My pretty boy's turning 23. I had to get him out of the house to prepare the surprise. He wouldn't leave so Callan had to lie and say that there was some important matter that needed his attention.

My phone dings with a notification as I take the pan of matcha macarons out of the oven.

Pretty boy 🐿: Do you miss me?

I shake my head. Such a softie.

Of course I do.

Pretty boy 🐿: I can come
home right now.

No, it's okay. I'm reading a book. Take
ur time, baby.

Pretty boy 🐿: Ugh. Read your book, then.

I put my phone away, laughing to myself at how dramatic he is.

Silly boy.

I start filling the macarons, looking proudly at my finished and decorated carrot cake.

I made a carrot cake that says 'happy birthday grumpy'. It's so cute. I also made vanilla cupcakes—cause' he likes basic things.

And I also made.... Wait for it....

Persian kebabs, saffron rice and cucumber yogurt.

Every time we go to the Persian restaurant he orders that same exact thing. So I've been watching videos to learn how to make them.

Can't wait to see his face when he gets home.

My phone dings again.

Pretty boy 🐿: I miss you. Don't watch nailed
it with out me.

I won't. It's a me and you thing.

Pretty boy 🐿: Gonna give you so many
fucking forehead kisses when I'm back.

One for every minute that you were gone.