The Farming Compound

After several hours of walking along the highway listening to some songs on your Pip-Boy, you see a dirt road to the left entering a forest, as you got closer you spot a sign, covered in the vines and leaves of a nearby tree. "Sneed's Feed & Seed (Formerly Chuck's): Corn, Wheat and Cattle Feed. Opened Monday's to Saturdays 7am-7pm"

Y/N POV

Alright...

I look at where the sun is, it is getting late, I look at the highway, there is kilometers of nothing but plains. "Yep, nothing there...or there...or there......to the farm we go." I thought to myself.

I start walking the dirt road, soon reaching the entrance of the farm itself, in front of me there was a white fence gate, with a sign saying "Welcome", I open it, and close it behind me. I took my laser rifle and start checking the small buildings first, in there wasn't much couple of them, empty cans and bottles, and other kind of trash, the only thing worth taking were some a couple nails and screws that were laying on the floor.

"Maybe no ones home?"

On the third one that appear to be the house, it was different. As soon as I entered I see a bunch of mats, like 10 or so, laying on the floor on the living room, and the floor was really clean, that instantly alerted me, I slowly walk through it slowly and carefully, normally they put traps on stuff like that, but there was nothing, just a lot of decorations on the walls and the main dinner table

"I guess they were about to celebrate something...Yep, I gotta get out of here"

Then I spotted the kitchen across the room decided to walked to the kitchen to search for food or something now that I'm here, then well, get out of the farm before whoever lives here return, but upon entering, was greeted with a swarm of flies flying all around, there was a bunch of spoiled food in there, vegetables, fruits, even meat. Even if I had a fully sealed gas mask, it was not meant to filter this stuff, I could still smell some of it, it was revolting, but I've smell worst stuff before, specially in junkyards. I got closer to inspect it, this food has been here for at least 4 days or so, maybe even more...

"Maybe they left...or got attacked by raiders...or this were the raiders and someone took care of them".

I searched the fridge, in there was a ton of brewages: Rum, Wine, Whiskey, even beer, they aren't even opened. I got excited, I've never seen so much alcohol and in one place, even less in this condition, I quickly put down my backpack, also putting my rifle by my side, and start filling it with them; Man, I just hit the jackpot, I start imagining all the caps I would easily get for this. But then I remembered the spoiled food.

"Doesn't seem like a raiders sacked this place...or lived here, there wouldn't be any alcohol if it was the case"

I look the big barn through the window

"Huh"

I finished packing all the stuff, put my backpack back on and grabbed my rifle back, exited the house and walk to the barn, I circle it around to try to hear for steps or chatter, but it was completely silence.

"Don't seem to be anyone here too"

I decide to enter, I opened the main door, and the first thing I saw... was a corpse with an axe on his back.

"..."

I immediately ready up my rifle try to look more into the building, but it was too dark to see through it.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Maybe there is good loot in there?" I said to confort myself as I entered the building.

It was feeling a mixture of curiosity of "What the hell happened here?", and greed...I hate myself for that...

I slowly entered, apparently that corpse from before tried to escape and left a trail of blood, as I follow it deeper into the barn, I see a lot of corpses, some mutilated, some chewed off, I quickly count them.

"Yep, this is where they went... this is start to get unsettling..."

At the end of the blood trail, there was some sort of...altar, full of bones and animal skulls, resting was some sorts of black sword or machete, the handle was white, probably made out of bone, in the middle of the room there was a black painted circle, with stuff written around it... I as walk towards it, I kneeled down to inspect it closer, it was dried blood.

"Of course its blood...its always blood for cultists...at least its not tainted in radioactive crap like those guys do..."

I hear something behind me, in quick reflex, I roll over to my left, dodging just in time a knife that thrown at me and incrusting right of the altar, I turned around to shoot, but I got tackled by a creature, it was red with horns and yellow eyes, I tried to take it off me, but its grab was too strong, it tried to bite my neck, I punched him right on the face, making him lose its grip on my torso and gabbing my leg, he retaliated by biting my leg, but unfortunately for it, took a bite on my metal prosthetic one breaking some teeth in the process.

Red creature: Ahhhg, what the fuck dude!

As he was staggered, I quickly reached for my 10mm pistol and shot him twice in the head, kicked him away and stood up. I shot a 3rd round on him just in case.

*Pant* Pant* "What the fuck was that?!" I yell

I quickly go and grabbed the laser rifle, and approached the corpse of the creature, I kick it a little bit to see if it was really dead...it was.

"This one is new...wait, did it talked?...Did he called me "dude"?... Is this some kind of new ghoul or something? Ok, now I really gotta go...this is getting weird." I said to myself.

I look back at the weapon on the altar and I remember the rusty makeshift machete I broke a couple of days ago

"But first..."

I walked to the altar again, but I stumble with something, I look down, it was a notebook, it looked it was in really bad shape, I grabbed it and opened it, some pages were filled with weird uncanny drawings and other types of scrawls, others pages were ripped completely or partially apart. Turned a few more pages, all are mostly the same, but there was one a little bit different, written in red, and circled a few times. I read it in a low voice as best as I could since it wasn't english.

"O magni homines ultra, qui trans fretum, corpus humile hoc suscipe pro beneficio, hominem pro daemone, daemonem pro humano pulchre commercio, fuso sanguine et morte, signa paciscor." (I of course, used google translator, so if someone by chance know Latin, now you know why it would its misspelled if its misspelled)

"Yep...creepy cultist shit...anyway, lets see how good that machete thing is..."

But as I was about to walk, something grabbed my ankles, I look down, to see a lot of hands coming directly through the floor, grabbing them

"WHAT THE...!" I yelled

I tried to grab my knife without dropping my rifle to try to free me, but the hands dragged me quickly, envelop my legs, then my hips, then my arms and shoulders, until finally grabbed my head, until all I could see was black.

I slowly open my eyes, I was on the floor, I try to stand up, still bewildered...still trying to process what the fuck just happened.

"Ahhhg, did I got bite on the leg by something poisonous again?" I said.

I start looking around...I wasn't in the barn anymore but in some sort of hallway, the walls, the floor, even the windows, in mint condition. Then I remembered, I look around again without moving from where I was. The altar...isn't nowhere to be seen

"The cool machete...IT WAS RIGHT THERE, MAN!!!!!!! I yelled internally.