𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽𝟺

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚜'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

I kissed Claire her lips lovingly before she waved at the three of us and she jumped into the plane with Kennedy. It was time for her to get out on the field once again and it was the first time since we were married for 4 months. The boys waved back at her as I waved at her as well. We waited for a while and then the plane flew away with my wife and the mother of my 2 boys in there. I hated these moments the most but when she's back I loved her even more if that was even possible. I took the boys with me to the house and grabbed all our stuff before we all flew out to Spain for the race that weekend.

𝟛 𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣

After some races I came to the house in the Netherlands. The boys ran inside and immediately started playing while I took the letters and went thru them. On almost all of them 'C.J. Verstappen' or 'C.J. Leclerc' and then one caught my eye. 'C.M.H.P. Leclerc' I was a bit confused as I never let anything deliver here on my name. I looked to the small logo on the envelope 'Royal Dutch army'. What's this about. I walked inside and laid the letters away. I did some chores before it was time for the boys to go to bed. I kissed their foreheads and switched off the lights before going downstairs again. I took the letter with my name between my fingers and sat down on the couch. I just stared at it... scared of what would be in there. I opened the envelope and pulled out a handwritten letter.

Dear Charles,

I would rather have you not read this because it means I'm dead and I'll never be able to see you get your first world championship, or the boys their first times. I'll never get to hear your laugh or get to sleep in those warm arms of yours. Your never gonna be able to make butterflies erupt in my stomach with the simplest things like a kiss on my nose or a hug where your arms go underneath my hoodie. The last time will always be the last time I waved at my own little family. Mave... Meek... and you... my husband. I loved all the big and small moments... all the ups and downs. Every moment was one to remember. Take good care of Meeko and Maverick please. Make sure they're always safe and can follow their dreams. Make sure there's nothing they have to worry about and make sure they will know who I was when they are older. Make sure they get some of my stuff to keep reminding them of me. Make sure they have a safe and loving childhood. Give them an extra kiss or an extra hug from me every single day. Make sure Max doesn't fall into a deep hole and help him when he's down. He'll help you with the boys and anything you need... he promised me that when the boys were born. That when I'm gone... he'll always be there for you and our kids. I'll be up there watching over you three... I'll follow all your steps... don't forget me but find love in somebody else's heart. Let someone love you like I did because you deserve that Charles. Ik hou van jou lieve Charles.

Lots of love,

Your wife,

Claire Jordan Verstappen Leclerc

She's dead... the love of my life is dead... this can't be true... it can't be! I can't raise them alone! Tears started rolling over my cheeks. I picked up my phone and dialed Max his number.

Max: "hey dude. What's up?"

Charles: "Claire is dead..."

Max: "what?"

Charles: "I uhm... I received her letter... the one they write in the plane... it came in at 7AM this morning apparently... she's dead Max... my wife is dead..."

Max: "my sister is dead..."

Charles: "what am I gonna tell Meek and Mave?"

Max: "I'm booking a flight towards you guys with Kelly and Penelope right now. We will be there tomorrow morning at 11 okay? Well hell you through this Charles. We'll do this like the family we are."

Charles: "thank you Max..."

(717 words)