𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟹

𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

A loud alarm blurred thru the bedroom of Charles his apartment as I groaned loudly. Time to get myself to the airport and fly to the US for training... I was about to climb out of bed but was pulled back against Charles his body as he placed a kiss on my neck. He continued trailing kissed on my neck as I giggled softly.

Claire: "I'm dead if you give me a hickey."

Charles: "why?"

Claire: "try explaining to your drill sergeant..."

Charles: "fair enough..."

He let the grip around my waist go so I could climb out of the bed. I went to the bathroom where I took a shower and afterwards changed myself into my green uniform. I pulled my hair in a tight slik bun where no strand was out of the bun. I walked to the kitchen and ate a quick breakfast before sitting on the couch and tying those damn brown boots. I placed my laces behind the hooks while pulling them tight at the same time until I was at the top. I made a tied them and then stuck them away inside of my boots before pulling my trousers over them a little. I yawned before I grabbed the 2 bags and suitcase I brought. The 35 liter was my hand luggage while my 60 liter and suitcase weren't. Charles came out of his room and yawned as he walked towards me.

Charles: "when would you be back?"

Claire: "I'm back in the Netherlands on 1st of August."

Charles: "yea... text me that because I'm not gonna remember that..."

Claire: "I will."

He laid his hands on my waist as he stared into my eyes. He laid his forehead against mine and we both staid quiet.

Charles: "sometimes I question why I had to fall for someone who's even more away then I am..."

Claire: "rude."

Charles: "wouldn't change it for the world tho."

Claire: "I hope so yes. I've to go or I'll miss my plane. I'll see you soon okay?"

Charles: "okay... I'll miss you..."

Claire: "I'll miss you too schatje."

Charles: "je t'aime..."

I froze as the words rolled into my ears. Did he really just say he loves me? The words rolled off without a hesitation and sounded like music.

Claire: "ik hou ook van jou."

Charles: "really?"

Claire: "of course I do."

I pecked his lips before picking up my bags and walking to the front door. Charles followed me outside as we arrived at my taxi.

Charles: "you're taking a taxi?"

Claire: "I am yes. It's only 4:30 so I want you to go to sleep again okay?"

Charles: "but I wanted to take you..."

Claire: "you need your rest Charles."

Charles: "hmm... okay."

I placed my bags in the trunk of the black Mercedes taxi before wrapping my arms around Charles his torso. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and placed a kiss on my forehead.

Charles: "I'm gonna miss you..."

Claire: "I'm gonna miss you too schatje."

Charles: "see you in august?"

Claire: "definitely!"

We shared a last peck before I stepped into the car. Charles waited and waved at me until I was out of sight. Nice airport... here I come.

After my 12 hour flight to New York and 3 hour flight to Dallas where I had to drive my rental car for another 2 hours I finally arrived at fort hood in the USA. I picked up my bags from the trunk as 2 guys walked into my direction.

?: "hi I'm corporal Brent Joao Thomason and this is corporal Chicago Felix Dan Miller."

Claire: "lieutenant Claire Jordan Verstappen."

Chicago: "your a lieutenant?"

Claire: "yes I am."

Brent: "what are you doing here then?"

Claire: "my team and I are here for some training. Don't worry if you can't cope with us. We're trained for it."

Brent: "what do you do as a job?"

Claire: "combat leader."

Chicago: "wow... need some help with your bags?"

Claire: "no thanks corporals."

I took my bags and suitcase as I closed my car and walked into the building where I found my own small room. A bed, desk, closet, mini fridge and a window. Just like normally. The showers, toilets and sinks were at the end of the hallway so that was fine.

(723 words)