𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼𝟷

𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

𝟜 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣

Sleeping in the plane after 6 months in the field. I couldn't wait to come back home to Charles and our little ones. 4 years ago I found out I was pregnant. I had cried because I was scared to quite my job. Charles had pushed me thru it and to his annoyance I didn't quite my job as combat leader. He was scared when I went out again as he didn't want to let our kids grow up without their mom. I was woken up by a little nudge against my shoulder by Kevin. I gave him a small smile as I got ready to get out and hug my little family. The door opened and in rows we jumped out and looked around us. Someone handed me a cigarette which I gave back as I didn't want to smoke at all anymore. I looked around and my eyes found the small Maverick and Meeko running towards me. They had my eyes with Charles his face features and hair color. I kneeled down with the big bag and gun still with me. The little guys running into my arms.

Maverick: "MOMMY!"

Claire: "my boys! Look at you! Your getting so big! Has daddy been nice to you?"

Meeko: "yes! We ate a lot of fries and ice cream!"

Claire: "oh is that so! Must be a lot of fun!"

Small giggles left the mouths of the 3 year olds. I pecked Charles his lips as I held Maverick and Meeko against my chest. Their tiny arms wrapped around my neck.

Claire: "do you want to go see Domi and Kev?"

Maverick: "YES!"

I placed the toddlers down and held their hand as we ran towards them. I laid away my weapon in the safe room and then walked back to Charles. I threw down my bag before wrapping my arms around my boyfriend. We still weren't married or engaged as we didn't find Mave and Meek should be the reason for it. Charles picked me off the ground and placed multiple kisses on my cheek. When he placed me down we wrapped our arms around each other loosely. I rested my head against his chest looking to My baby boys who were talking to Domi and Kevin. Their godparents. Both of them were laughing and talking about dinosaurs. I let out a content sigh as I felt Charles his head on top of mine looking into the same direction as I did.

Claire: "it's good to be back."

Charles: "I think Mave and Meek are done with Andrea his meals... as I was out of inspiration after 3 times."

Claire: "as usual... what did you make them? Fries, ice cream and spaghetti?"

Charles: "no... maybe..."

Claire: "oh come on it's the only thing you can make. That's not a secret."

Charles: "MAVE! MEEK! COME ON WE NEED TO CATCH OUR PLANE!"

Claire: "plane?"

Charles: "yea... we're heading to Monaco. For the race. If you want to stay here that's okay as well."

Claire: " no I want to come."

Charles: "good..."

I picked up my bag and we drove to the airport. In the car I took out some baby wipes and tried wiping off as much face paint as possible. Charles had packed some things for me as a lot of stuff was also in Monaco already. We had decided to live in Monaco and the Netherlands as for my work it was easier in the Netherlands but for Charles it was easier in Monaco. The boys loved it tho.

Claire: "wait do we have that Monaco event then as well? I don't have a dress for that."

Charles: "no worries ma cherie. I asked Clara to pick out a dress for you. She said she hung it in our apartment already so it's all sorted."

Claire: "your amazing."

Meeko: "mommy?"

Claire: "yes Meeko?"

Meeko: "what's that in your neck?"

Claire: "oh it's nothing to worry about darling."

Charles: "what is it?"

Claire: "it's nothing."

Charles his hand went to my neck to try and touch/feel it but I grabbed his hand just in time.

Claire: "don't touch it. It's a little painful."

We arrived at the airport and checked in before going to the gate. Charles brought his ear closer to me before whispering.

Charles: "Claire... what's with your neck?"

Claire: "schrapnel scars... they are on my back as well. The stitches went out a week ago so there's nothing to worry about okay."

Charles: "be careful please... I don't want-"

Claire: "the boys to grow up without me. I know Charles but I can't smell that these things are gonna happen. Besides I'm doing this for thousands of people Charles. They need me..."

Charles: "Mave and Meek need you as well."

Claire: "they've got you as well Charles. Those people don't have this."

Charles: "you stubborn little girl."

Claire: "would rather call it determined."

He chuckled softly as we stood up to start boarding the plane to Nice.

After a good sleep in the plane and then the car we arrived at the apartment. I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn as I climbed out of the car. I picked up my 120 liter bag from the truck and pulled it over my shoulders like a bagpack. I held Meeko's hand before taking Maverick's hand. Charles took the other luggage with him. We made our way up and then unlocked the front door. I dropped my bag in our bedroom and pulled off my jacket from my uniform. I looked up as Charles dropped hisself on the bed.

Charles: "you've got no idea how happy I am that you can take care of those little boys..."

Claire: "you're acting like you took care of a whole circus."

Charles: "the difference isn't big."

Claire: "shut up. They are easy children. Can you help me untie my hair? It's a little stuck."

Charles stood up from the bed and tried his best to untie my hair without pulling out to much or hurting me. When he was done I went into the bathroom to shower. The warm water gliding over my body felt amazing as the soap made my body cleaner then it was in the past 6 months. My hair feeling soft again with only the tangles in there. I felt so clean it made me feel happy. I took my hairbrush with me and walked to the living room. Charles sat on the couch and smiled at me. He spread his legs a little more as I sat in between them. He took my hairbrush and gently started brushing the tangles out like he always did. When he was done he kissed my cheek and walked away with my brush probably placing it away. My sweatpants and hoodie were so comfortable after all that time. Something behind me fell making me stand up and look to Meeko who was looking at a plate.

Claire: "Meeko!"

Meeko: "Sorry mom! It was an accident!"

Claire: "it's okay baby. You go play okay. I'll go clean it up."

He gave me a nod before running off. I cleaned up the small pieces and then the doorbell went. Charles opened the door and my brother came walking in.

Max: "hey Clairtje."

Claire: "Maxje!"

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he picked me off the ground.

Max: "how is my little sister doing?"

Claire: "devastated but happy to be back."

Max: "haven't slept yet?"

Claire: "I did in the plane and car."

Max: "you sleepy bastard!"

Claire: "thanks."

Max: "now... where are my favorite nephews."

He placed me down before searching for the 2 little guys. I chuckled softly at the sight of my brother.

(1295 words)