𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹

𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎'𝚜  𝚙𝚘𝚟

This weekend is the last weekend before we're going out into the field again. My doorbell went off making me look up from my phone in a bit of a confusion. I stood up from my couch as I was wearing a pair of sweats and a big oversized shirt I stole from Max. My hair was somewhere half way my head hanging in a messy bun. I opened the door and saw the guy with brown hair and blue eyes. I raised my eyebrows as he smiled at me.

Claire: "hi! What the hell are you doing here?!"

Charles: "I came to surprise you after all our calls and texts. Hope you don't mind?"

Claire: "no not at all. Come in."

He rolled his suitcase inside before wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we softly rocked from side to side.

Claire: "wow... I didn't expect that."

Charles: "well your stuck with me till Sunday evening so enjoy it."

Claire: "so your leaving tomorrow again?"

Charles: "would love to stay longer but duties are calling me."

Claire: "I'm just gonna get changed real quick okay? Then we'll go into the city. I could show you around."

Charles: "would love that ma cherie."

I walked up the stairs and quickly changed myself before we went into the city. I showed him around as we passed a flower shop. He jogged inside leaving me outside in a bit of confusion once again. After a minute he came back out and handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I smiled at him and placed a kiss on his cheek.

Claire: "your the sweetest Charles. Thank you."

Charles: "no problem belle."

I giggled softly as we walked around the city. After 2 hours or so we arrived back at my small apartment and walked inside. I placed the flowers in a vase and then kicked off my shoes. I uploaded a picture that Charles took of me on my Instagram (last chapter) and sat down next to him on the couch.

Charles: "I like you Claire... like a lot."

Claire: "I like you a lot too Charles."

Charles: "can I ask you something?"

My head was laying in his lap as he softly played with the strands of my long blonde hair. He was switching between my eyes and his hand that was in my hair.

Claire: "of course."

Charles: "what would happen if uhm... you die out there... you know in the field?"

Claire: "while we're in the plane we quite often write a goodbye letters where we have letters for everybody we want to have one. They send those letters to the assigned addresses. So that's how they most likely find out about it. I've always told Max how I would want to be buried so he would make sure it's the way I would want too. For the rest... nothing special."

Charles: "how many letters do you normally write?"

Claire: "4 letters. Max, Vic, my dad and my mom."

Charles: "hopefully they never need to read them."

Claire: "well I hope so too."

We got a new subject to talk about as this wasn't the most... happy one to talk about. We shared some laughs and stories thru the afternoon and before I knew it it was 18PM. I got up from the couch where I was laying with my head still in Charles his lap.

Claire: "time to cook some dinnerrr."

Charles: "can I help?"

Claire: "not really."

Charles: "okay. Tell me if I can okay?"

I gave him a nod as he sat down at the dinning table that overlooked the kitchen and the living room. I started cutting the vegetables and all the other food I needed. When I was done I separated it into 2 plates and set one of them in front of Charles. I walked back to the kitchen and opened the door of a cupboard. Multiple pots were standing there with supplements. I took them one by one adding the right amount to my food.

Charles: "what is all of that?"

Claire: "extra vitamins and minerals. Need as many as possible for when we're getting into the field. I eat a week before we go till we go with every meal."

Charles: "as you don't really have those there... right?"

Claire: "correct."

I placed my plate on the table and sat in front of Charles. I ate the food just like he did and then we together washed the dishes. The sun was now beginning to set.

Claire: "I need to go for my run. You could join if you want? I'm doing a 10 kilometer."

Charles: "yea sounds good."

Claire: "okay great. Let's get changed then."

We walked upstairs and Charles changed in the extra room while I changed in my own room. I changed myself into a pair of black sports leggings with a burgundy red shirt and a pair of white nike Revolution 5 shoes. I pulled my hair in a high ponytail and secured it with 2 hair ties. I walked down the stairs and took my pre workout shake. Charles just came down after I was done drinking it and smiled sweetly at me.

Charles: "ready for stretching?"

Claire: "just need to grab my vest."

Charles: "vest

Claire: "my weight vest. Can't do a small round without a weight vest. Would be a little to easy."

Charles: "how much does a weight vest weight

Claire: "depends. Mine is 50 kilo."

Charles: "that's heavy for running."

Claire: "yea but makes running with my bag pack easier so that's why I train this."

He nodded at me as I too my vest with me. We stretched a little before I placed on the vest and we started our run. We went from the side of the city to the countryside where cows were eating grass in the sunset. Charles had quite a hard time keeping up with me making me slow down a little bit. Both of us only breathing loudly. When we arrived back we did a cooling down and went inside. We were both a little sweaty as I made us both a post workout shake. We drank it before Charles went to shower first. After we both showered we picked out a board game and sat down in the living room. Charles sat on the couch as I sat down on the other side of the small salon table. I had my legs crossed as I was setting up the monopoly game.

Charles: "you like board games huh?"

Claire: "love them actually. With the family there are always hilarious moments. Like when my dad starts cheating and Max starts getting angry because he is cheating. Absolutely the best moments in a week."

Charles: "sounds like a lot of fun."

Claire: "it's like... keeping up with the Kardashians. Only in real life tho."

He chuckled softly before I placed the dice in front of him. He threw it first and we started playing the game with some laughs.

(118 words)