𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚜'𝚜  𝚙𝚘𝚟

Claire and I were sitting in a small lunch cafe. We both had a sandwich in front of our noses with a drink. The tattoo on her left hand suddenly catching my eye. Breathe... what would it be for?

Charles: "why breathe?"

Claire: "I forget to breath when I'm focused so a visible spot to remind me. Thanks to a bet with Kev."

Charles: "Kev?"

Claire: "Kevin Greener. Might know him as Kev.G on Instagram. He's my gay best friend and my buddy since we started our education."

Charles: "ah the butt bump guy right?"

She almost spit out her drink as she looked at me.

Claire: "you saw that?"

Charles: "it's on your Instagram ma cherie."

Claire: "oh yes I forgot that. Yes that's the guy."

Charles: "what about your other tattoos tho? Any meanings behind that?"

Claire: "the one on my right shoulder blade, she's proof that you can walk thru hell and still be an angel. I would rather not tell you... yet"

Charles: "I like that you have meanings behind them..."

Claire: "I like it too."

We both softly laughed as she took a bite from the sandwich. Her phone started ringing as she looked at the screen. She scanned her eyes over the number before she softly groaned and stood up.

Claire: "I'll be back in a second."

Charles: "yea of course."

She walked out of the cafe and talked to someone on the phone for around 10 minutes. She walked back inside and sat down in front of me again.

Claire: "I've to cancel the boat plans sorry."

Charles: "why?"

Claire: "work... I need to go to the 21eme Regiment d'infaterie de marine base. Just outside of Nice. Some French army students would be there but nothing was planned there yet so they want me to jump in and get those guys to do something involving shooting."

Charles: "so your gonna be away for the rest of the day?"

Claire: "unfortunately yes."

We quickly finished everything off and headed to my apartment. Claire jogged to the bedroom where she had her uniform with her as she always kept one with her as it had happened a few times before. After not even 10 minutes she walked into the living room completely ready. She wore her camouflage uniform with her hair in a slick ponytail somewhere half way her head so her beret could fit on top. She rolled up her sleeves and buttoned them up so they would stay up. She closed the buttons in the middle to close the jacket and cover up the olive green shirt underneath it. Her lashes in a layer of mascara like normally. She pulled on a pair of brown boots and turned the laces around her hand and then hooking them in the small hooks of her boots easily before tying them tightly. She had her beret in one of the many pockets on her uniform, specifically the pocket on the side of her right leg. 2 pens sticking out a little on her left arm as she placed the badges on the velcro straps, her surname, country flag, team badge, special badges and another one I couldn't see quick enough as she stood up and ran back to the living room with 2 things in her hand. They were similar to each other. Both having 2 little stars on them as she opened the thanks on her shoulder and placed the band thru the rank award. She clipped a hook over the band that stuck out form the tank reward. On the hook was a roller and then a card. Some kind of ID? Ah her military pass.