𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚜'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

I walked to the kitchen and looked to the small thing on the kitchen counter. The tiny thing was shiny and as I quietly came closer my brain recognized the shape... a bullet. Claire was hit by a bullet that she just took out of her own body. She held the lighter under the spoon and looked at it.

Charles: "what are you gonna do with that?"

Claire: "burn it close..."

Charles: "oh no definitely not. That's not the way to close it. Come on we're going to the doctor."

Claire: "the scar on my left thigh?"

Charles: "yea?"

Claire: "closed it the same way when I was in the field. Same for the one in my neck."

She pressed the spoon against her side as she inhaled a sharp breath and bit her lip. When she erased the spoon it was completely closed as far as it could be at least. She dropped the spoon on the counter as she softly cursed.

Claire: "fucking hell that's nasty."

She pressed a cold cloth to the burned spot and let herself glide down against the cabinet. Her eyes closed as she concentrated herself on her breathing. She pressed the cloth of cold water closet to her body as she counted out loud except for the fact that no sound left her mouth. She softly let her head lay against the cabinet as I sat down in front of her. I pulled her closer to me wrapping my hands around her back. Only now hearing her slow counting on my ear as her forehead rested against my shoulder. We staid seated for a long while until Claire let out a deep sigh. She opened her eyes again and sat up straight again. Her ocean blue eyes looking straight into mine. She placed a soft kiss on my cheek before she nodded at me letting me know we were gonna stand up again. I stood up first and pulled her up by her hands to make it a little easier for her. She had removed the cloth now as the spot was bright red from the spoon mark.

Charles: "a doctor could have just stitched that."

Claire: "could be but if I would get it stitched I would have to take rest or at least watch out with it and now I don't have too. It's only a little painful but nothing too bad."

Charles: "if there's a next time we're getting stitches for you Verstappen."

Claire: "this works just fine Charles. It's also faster. The wound wasn't deep so that's why I did it myself."

I shook my head at her a little disapprovingly. She smiled at me sweetly as she cleaned up. She washed the bullet with a little bit of water as my mother took her shirt and jacket to wash the blood out which Claire found very sweet of her. Claire stood still in the light and looked at the bullet. She turned it around in her hands. I looked at the revealing upper body of the blonde girl. The light fell onto her body perfectly... her sixpack visible as her tanned skin looked perfect in combination of her blonde hair and light blue eyes. Some scratches or well... scars caught my eye. One... two... three... four... four scars on only her stomach and face. Another 3 on her arms. At least 7 scars then. She let the bullet fall on her pocket before walking to the counter. She erased her own bullet pattern and placed it back in the pocket she grabbed it from. She placed the black gun back between her belt and her trousers before looking at me.

Claire: "what?"

Charles: "why do you even have a gun?"

Claire: "because I know that there can be people that are after me for things I've done out of the safety of myself and my team."

Charles: "since when do you wear one?"

Claire: "always have one. I've a license for them ad I've all the paperwork with me at any moment. I'm aloud to fire when needed so that's what I did today. This Glock 19 saved my life today."

She smiled softly at me as she gently pressed the burned spot. She erased her hand pretty fast after she pressed it. She looked at the spot before my mother came walking downstairs again with a shirt of mine that I apparently had left a few weeks ago.

Claire: "thank you."

Pascal: "no problem Claire. Are you sure you don't need to see a doctor?"

Claire: "100% sure. I've done it before don't worry."

My mom nodded at her as she pulled the black shirt over her head tucking it into her trousers. My mom started preparing dinner as Claire said she would be back in a second. She walked outside while grabbing her phone from her pocket. I walked into the kitchen and looked out of the kitchen window where I saw Claire standing against my Ferrari talking on the phone. She opened the trunk of the car and lifted out a big 120 liter bag. Like one she brought herself with her clothes. She opened the zipper and kneeled down next to the bag. She ruffled thru it and looked around her for a little. She pulled on an OBS vest and closed it as she hung a small radio on her trousers and placed a transparent earpiece on her ear. What the hell was she gonna do? She took some band and hung it on her leg. She placed her Glock between the band and took a bigger gun out of the bag. She placed the bag in the car again and closed it. The key dropping into her pocket that she closed afterwards. I saw her mouth move a little before she walked out sight. What is this girl on about?

(982 words)