Our Little Puppy (HeeHoonWon)

Nobody requested this I just wrote this based on one of my favorite Vhope oneshots that I wrote back in 2019 that involved hybrids and... 

ANYWAY it's basically a rewrite of that but with ENHA ace line (cuz they're my favorite ENHYPEN trio) and improved and slightly changed writing in order to celebrate this being the 21st part

Heeseung and Jungwon were both grinning like maniacs out of excitement. Right now, they was in a waiting room in a hybrid adoption center. It all started a week ago when Yeonjun, a friend who works there, invited them and their other friends to the center to look around and get one for free the week after, separately, due to some strange rules. Yesterday, Beomgyu snagged a  bunny hybrid named Soobin. And the day before that Jake chose a fox hybrid named Sunoo. Now today it was Heeseung and Jungwon's turn, and while they were excited, they were also nervous. They spent the past two days preparing themselves by reading books and websites all about hybrids and how to take of them, plus talked to friends who own hybrids, but they still felt unprepared. When they told Yeonjun the night before, Yeonjun assured them by telling them that they'll do fine. They weren't fully assured but it still felt nice hearing that.

"I have arrived, bitches!" Yeonjun suddenly (and dramatically) appeared before them, snapping the two out of their thoughts by snapping his fingers in their faces rather loudly. 

"Aren't you supposed to be, oh, I don't know, professional, hyung?" Jungwon sassed.

"Not with my friends, I'm not." 

"Yeah, we love you too." Heeseung says in a half-sincere, half-sardonic tone.

"Yah, don't you two dare sass at me. You're know you're that lucky I'm nice enough to let you get a hybrid for free, all because you're my friends." Yeonjun said bluntly, making Heeseung and Jungwon smile guiltily at him. "Thanks again for letting us get one, hyung!" they said happily, making Yeonjun mutter a "it's no big deal..." with a blushing face that they didn't notice. They walked around the center for a few minutes, but before they entered the room with the hybrids, Yeonjun stopped Heeseung and Jungwon in their tracks.

"You two have to be careful with the volume of your voices when we enter the room. Some hybrids are asleep and the walls of their rooms aren't fully soundproof plus some of the hybrids have really enhanced hearing, so you gotta be careful, especially when you get excited." Yeonjun said. Heeseung and Jungwon nodded. "Oh, by the way," Yeonjun adds. "Jake told me you've prepared yourself for this, he wasn't lying, right?" The two were taken aback. "Hell yeah, hyung! For two days, plus this morning!" Yeonjun smiled. "Good." And they entered the room.

Heeseung and Jungwon both looked around. There were lots of adorable hybrids that were either playing with each other or by themselves with toys, talking with each other, reading, drawing, or sleeping in a huge pile of blankets. The two then looked at each other. How were they gonna choose?

Jungwon notices a dog hybrid that was reading a book with a Pororo plushie. The hybrid also seemed... lonely. "Hey hyung, why is that one there all by himself?"

Yeonjun looks at where Jungwon was looking. "Oh, that's Sunghoon. He's a puppy hybrid that's been around since the center was opened, but no one picks him because he's quiet, reserved and doesn't up to anyone, and everyone generally prefers hybrids that are more livelier and energetic." Yeonjun sighs sadly. "The poor thing's just shy, and no one understands that. It's really sad, especially since by now he's gotten used to getting rejected."

Heeseung and Jungwon looked at the puppy. The fact that the puppy got rejected all because he was timid was so sad. The two looked at each other, silently agreeing on something.

"Then... can we take him home with us, if it's possible?" Heeseung asks Yeonjun.

Yeonjun was surprised, but lit up hearing that. "Oh, oh sure! Why don't you go introduce yourselves to Sunghoon while I'll get the adoption papers?"