Chapter 22: Johnson's Dinner

"Are you ready to place on the dinner table since the boss and his wife are already there waiting," Chelsea said, and I nodded my head.

"Yeah sure," I said a bit nervous to see Donovan.

I should have left right away and not linger around for possibly Donovan to know that I was there eavesdropping on him and his wife's conversation.

With the rumor of him getting Rosa pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

I was glad that I wasn't the one who had gotten pregnant. Otherwise, I would have lost this job since who would know how long I could have hidden the pregnancy while working at this twisted place.

Soon, the maids and I headed over to the dining table with the food. I saw Lola and Donovan were on different ends of the table.

I thought that was not weird, considering sometimes I questioned the realness of their marriage.

If that was me then I would want my husband and me to sit close to each other, but either which way I had no right to judge.

While Ava served the food, I chose to give both their choice of wine and once we gave them their meal, we stood there on the side in silence.

After a bit, my feet were hurting me for standing so long which I thought was ridiculous that I still had to stand.

They could have at least just have a bell ringing device next to them so in case they needed anything than one of us will hear them and go to attend to them.

Every so often, Mr. Donovan would wink at me when no one else was looking.

I blushed a bit, looking away. I then stared at Lola who was busy smiling as she texted someone on her phone.

Throughout their dinner, neither one said a word to the other and after some time, they both were done eating.

"Now that I'm done eating, you can clear the table. Also, you are done for your shift if you don't work an evening or overnight shift for today," Donovan announced as he cleaned a bit of his shirt.

"Yes Mr. Johnson," the maids and me said in unison.

I sighed in relief when my work shift was finally over for today.

I then checked the time to see that it was a little after six in the evening.

I mentally planned the rest of my night which was to just sleep or hang out with girls if they were free from their duties.

I walked to where Donovan was to clear his side of the table.

"Hello sir, is there anything else you need more?" I asked. Just in case, I didn't miss anything.

"No not for now," He gave me a heated gaze which made me quickly look away.

"Okay," I said, quietly.

Even though earlier I was apprehensive about our secret relationship, I was having second thoughts about it.

Well, I knew it was wrong, but I wondered how long I could sneak around like this.

I mean I didn't get this job to be some man's mistress, but to rather save some money for plans I had for myself.

Maybe I would get some advice from Ava, but make up a situation and said that it was my imaginary best friend who needed some advice instead of me. 

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst