Day 10 - Mistletoe

The ball of yarn rolled as it was slowly being unwound and threaded into perfect interwoven patterns. Marinette yanked the yarn with the knitting spokes continuing her steady pattern.

"What are you making, Marinette?" Tikki sat on the desk she was currently working on while the other kwamis were at their own thing.

"A sweater..." She replied absentmindedly trying to focus on knitting a lot faster than usual, eager to finish as fast as possible. "Oh, it's for Adrien, right? Since you gave his original gift to Catnoir."

She nodded in negation, still concentrating, "No this is for Catnoir, I got Adrien something at the markets yesterday." She had seen his eyes on a particular beanie and decided to get it when he wasn't looking. And she could give him if he actually did come by on Christmas day.

She placed the spokes down for a while, "You know, I'd been looking for the perfect gift for Catnoir. And since he likes cuddles so much, I thought a sweater would be perfect for him." She picked the spokes back and continued her knitting, "I want to knit it as quick as possible, I was even thinking of using a different color to write a pun on it since he likes them so much." She rolled her eyes, smiling with a faroff look in her eyes.

That look that Tikki did not miss. The kwami had been noticing the signs of the one thing Marinette was oblivious too. She was falling for Catnoir and she didn't even know it, hopefully she could try to make her see it. "You always hand make your gifts for Adrien, you know to show you care for him."

She sighed, she knew it was unusual of her, but she was trying to work on her friendship rather than feelings for him so she didn't stress too much, "I have a box of over 35 handmade presents for Adrien, I just thought it wouldn't hurt to try something different." She shrugged it off.

"You must care about Catnoir a lot then."

"Of course! He's important to me." She replied, feeling slightly accused that Tikki would think she didn't. Tikki smiled, seeing how quick she was to admit it. "Like romantically?"

When Marinette heard her question, she froze for a second, her brows drawing to a frown. Then she nodded in negation, "No, as a friend, not romantically. I'm not in love with him. I like him, just not that way."

"Really? It seems more like..."

"I'm not in love with him." She interrupted even before Tikki could complete the sentence, her tone rising almost like she was saying it to convince herself more than Tikki. She stopped knitting and looked to the side, thinking for a moment,

"My perception about him has changed within the last few days, he's sweet, kind, fun to be around and I really like being close to him, but I don't just have any romantic feelings for him."

Tikki frowned, it would really be hard to make her realize. Sighing quickly, she decided to drop the topic to which Marinette was grateful for as she continued knitting.

It wasn't so long after, she heard the very sound she'd been waiting to hear. The knock on her balcony, "Wait a sec!" She called out as she packed up her knitting stuff and hid it in a drawer while the kwamis went into their all too familiar habit of entering their various hiding spots.

She climbed up to her bed to open the hatch and he slid in landing on the bed wasting no second to wrap her in his hands around her.

"Kitty, I can't breathe..." She muffled out as he tightened his grip on her waist. He whimpered when she pulled away from him, "I guess you missed me." She giggled.

"When do I not?" He moved his hand to cup the side of her face. The pad of his fingers caressing her face, trailing her jawline. He'd waited long 24 hours to get to touch her again. It seemed like every second that passed by, he just fell more in love with her.