Open your eyes<°~Marichat~°>

Heartbeat part II

Marinette spent her time after school assisting her parents for a large order of cupcakes. It was already late when they started clearing up.

"Hunny, you could have dinner before your shower, you seem exhausted." Tom suggested after Marinette's belly rumbled. "That'll be great, Thanks Papa."

After dinner, she trudged to her room and immediately striped and got into the shower. After a good while of a hot bath, she  dressed in her pyjamas and climbed the loft to sleep. Catnoir would wake her up whenever he came.

Completing the stairs, she saw a little something she was not expecting to be on her bed.

Rose petals. Lots and lots of pink rose petals. The petals were in a pattern and she tried to read the words it spelt.
I love you.

She smiled at the gesture, Catnoir was too much of a romantic most of the time. She just hoped he didn't snoop around her room while she wasn't there. But she trusted him, he wouldn't even try that.

She didn't want to smear the pattern of roses but she had to climb her bed to wait for him at the balcony. She opened the trapdoor to head outside but paused at the sight.

A frantic nervous Cat pacing back and forth with a pink rose in his hand. He didn't seem to notice her intrusion so she stayed still and watched him.

"No, no, this isn't right." He mumbled and stood still tapping his foot in thought then started pacing back and forth again.
He stopped again, "Okay, how about this?"

He took a breath, "Marinette, I love you so much, you can't imagine how much-" He stopped himself. No he couldn't say that. He decided to try again.
"Okay, here we go. Marinette, I have no idea what my life would be if you weren't in it. I'd never want to lose and-"

He sighed again. He couldn't find the perfect words and he paced about again unaware of the bluenette watching him.

After a little struggle, he resolved to taking deep breaths to calm himself. The tension of how the night would turn out just made him an even bigger mess. He thought back to how easily he used to declare his feelings for Ladybug. It was never difficult, he always followed his heart and the words flowed easily.

He took a breath, stood still, closed his eyes tight and imagined Marinette next to him. "Marinette..." He paused, "Ever since I met you, I always knew there was something... something so intriguing about you. Something that I needed. But then I slowly realized, it wasn't just something, I just wanted you. Even when everything seems so bleak, you just smile..." He smiled as the memory of her smile replayed over and over again in his head.

"You just smile and I feel great. I never knew I would love someone as much as I love you. Your warmth, your smile, everything about you is so...so enchanting and it keeps me grounded. You're my anchor, Marinette and the only thing that keeps me going. I love you so much. I d-" He was interrupted by a pair of smaller arms around him.

Her scent immediately filled his nose as she leaned into his back, her arms tightly around him, "I love you too." She whispered and his whole body relaxed in her embrace.

He turned around to cup her cheeks, "Did- Did you hear all that?" Slowly he tucked the short stalk of the rose into her hair so her hair was adorned with the rose.

"Yeah.." She smiled and it was only when he leaned further that he saw her eyes. They were glossed with tears. "That was the most beautiful thing someone has ever said to me." Her voice came out strangled as tears spilled from her eyes.