Day 5 - Ice

After the actuality of the situation dawned on Marinette, she freaked out realizing that it was totally out of character for her to act that way with him. In her dire freak out, she threw him out of her house insisting it was late and they'd see the next night.

Which had come a lot sooner than expected. She just hoped it wouldn't be too awkward.

"What if he hates me for kissing his cheek a second time? I mean the first time was understandable but the second time! I just don't know what came over me." She whined for what would've been the hundredth time.

"Well he didn't look like he didn't like it." Tikki sat on Marinette's shoulder, offering her best help to calm the bluenette. "But I didn't let him stay to say if he did either." She groaned into her palms.

"Relax, Marinette." The kwami giggled at her freak out, "It's okay, it's no big deal."

"You think?"

"Definitely." Finally letting out a sigh of relief, she went back to sewing. She'd cut out the panels of the dress earlier in the day so she decided to stitch them up while waiting for Catnoir.

When she thought about it, she actually realized she hadn't planned out what they'd do when he showed.

She sighed somewhat happy. As much as she didn't like to admit, she loved these moments with him. Being close to him without having to worry about responsibilities and superhero stuff felt great. Just two friends enjoying each other's companies. It felt good.

While she was lost in her thoughts and sewing, she didn't hear the little knock from the hatch on the other side. And the next thump was not loud enough to hear either.

"Princess, are you there? Can I come in?" It was when she heard his voice that she jolted in shock. In her surprise, she accidentally had her finger in the needle of the machine, the sharp pointed end dragging along her flesh. Blood dripped along her finger as she took it out.

She hissed in pain as she silently gestured the kwamis to go into hiding. She could only wonder what would happen if he'd casually slid into her room without knocking.

"Princess?" He knocked again.

"Just give me a second!" After making sure everything was in place, she climbed on the bed to let him in.

"Hey, I missed you." He cooed as he landed on all fours on her bed crawling closer to her. With her good hand, she bopped his nose and giggled, "It's nice to see you too."

The moment didn't last because her face twisted up after a second and she winced. His face dropped, "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. I just kinda pricked my finger while sewing."

He immediately reached for her hand and his eyes widened as he saw the fresh wound and the blood. That was definitely not nothing. "Pricked your finger? Marinette, this is serious." His face twisted up in worry as she examined the severity of the wound.

She sighed, "You startled me when you came and my finger just went into the needle." She didn't want him to worry so she tried to blow it off, "It's fine, I'll clean it up."

He looked back up at her and his face softened. He placed a hand to the side of her face, "I'm sorry, Princess." He whispered but she nodded in negation, subconsciously leaning in. "It's okay."

"I'll clean it up for you."

"No, don't-" Before she could contest, he was already climbing off the bed and down to get the bandages. She sighed, he was too stubborn for words to describe. "It's in the right drawer by the left." She pointed to the sink in the other corner of the room.