Scent<°~Adrienette~°>

Raindrops part II

His words left her speechless and taken aback. She didn't want to jump the gun and believe him right away because of some sweet words again. But she was more scared that she already had.

Still she didn't need to give him the comfort that his words were melting her, she made a straight face again, freeing her hand from his hold.

"If it'll make you stop bothering me, then fine." She took the umbrella from his hold but didn't move yet.

His eyes lit up. "Does that mean you'll come?"

"Only because I'm bored of your long essay on friendship. One more word and I'm changing my mind." She moved away from him and started walking towards the car. The boy she left behind was beaming, an all teeth smile, as the rain poured on him. He didn't even bother to move as he just watched her walk away.

She turned around when she noticed he wasn't behind her. "You coming?"

And he bobbed his head up and down before running towards her to open the door before she entered. He took the umbrella as she got in, closed it before rushing to pass the other door.

Poor guy was using less and less of his reasoning, the closer he got with her. Whatever that meant for him, he was just glad his words worked especially when he half expected her to mock him and call it a sob story.

After a few words to the gorilla explaining why she was there, he grunted and drove. She told them to take a turn and within two minutes they reached.

2288

"We're here." Once the car parked, in a split second, Adrien was at the other side opening the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" She cocked her head to the side. "The umbrella?"

"Oh right.." He ran over to the other side, got the umbrella before hurrying to open the door for her to step out again. She watched him amused and it almost reminded her of herself when she was flustered. "Adrien.."

"I got it."

"Open it." She almost burst out laughing when he ohhed in realization and opened it, and chuckled nervously. She shook her head in amusement and stepped out into the umbrella. Poor boy was almost fully drenched, with the amount of time he'd spent under the rain.

He had to admit, he had never felt so disoriented in his life. So nervous. So flustered. It was a new feeling he couldn't name. Even worse was when the umbrella almost slipped from his hold as she stood close to him after shutting the door of the car.

"Adrien, are you okay?"

"Yeah...yeah...I'm good." Even his voice sounded wierd and high-pitched. Okay maybe he wasn't totally good, he was hell nervous.

They stood in silence for a while, neither of them making any move. The echoes of rain drops filling the space.

2505

She finally spoke up, "I think I'll be going. Bye."

"Wait.." He quickly said before she got the chance to leave. "I..uh.." He scratched the back of his neck as he searched frantically for the right words to say. "I..I..um..I thought...uh...Have you... Are we..umm. friends now?"

It was almost entertaining to watch herself in another person. That was exactly how she sounded when her brain was out of order, when she was nervous and/or flustered. But what exactly was making him act that way?

"It's totally okay if you don't want that." He fumbled again when a while passed and she didn't reply, "I mean, I can wait till whenever you're ready, it's uh..it's your call. I won't bother you about it. It's totally your decision. Not mine cuz.."