Day 4 - Warmth

Adrien pressed his hand against the glass and then placed his forehead against it.

God, he wanted to see Marinette so badly. He needed to see her badly. It was late so he had to leave her the previous night and he hadn't gotten the chance to see the finished product of her drawing. Well, she hid most of the process so he didn't see anything.

There was a way. He could've been with her, Alya and Nino. But no, his father was controlling from the other side of the country in Italy. Just wonderful.

Alya and Nino invited both him and Marinette to go with them to the new park that just opened. It wasn't like they knew his father wouldn't let him, but because they wanted him to know they still cared.

"You're missing your girlfriend, aren't you?" Plagg rolled over on his empty plate where he'd just golfed down two wheels of raclette.

Adrien snapped his head to the said kwami immediately, "What‽ Marinette's not my girlfriend."

"Obviously she's not. That's why you go there each night." He sarcastically remarked while Adrien nodded in negation, walking to his desk. "Come on, Plagg, you know I'm in love with Ladybug."

"Marinette is really sweet and I love being around her. But she's just a really good friend." He continued but before Plagg could jute out another sarcastic reply, his phone rang.

Picking it up, it was a Facetime request and it was..."Marinette..." He gushed happily before picking up immediately. The kwami in the other end of the bed quietly murmured, "Yeah, just a friend."

"Hey, Adrien." Adrien was disappointed when he answered the call and it was Alya and Nino's face that popped up on the screen. "Hey, dude!"

"Hey, where's Marinette?" He didn't want to sound too obvious but he was missing that cute smile of hers.

"Oh, she's here. It was her idea to call you. Since you can't come, she thought we could take the phone around and show you the whole place." Alya explained.

His face softened. Of course, that was very typical of her. How did he get so lucky to have such a friend? "That's... amazing."

"Well, you have Marinette to thank for that." She turned the phone and he beamed as he caught sight of the bluenette, "Thank you Marinette." He said softly and she waved, a light pink dusting her cheeks. "Oh it was nofin, I mean, nothing. You're welcome." She smiled awkwardly.

It was late evening when they finally decided to call it a day. Adrien loved the view of everything (Marinette being the favorite of all)  even if he couldn't be there.

After the call ended, he quickly checked the time. It was almost 7 o'clock. He just couldn't wait to go see Marinette. But he had to show up for dinner or they'd come to check up on him. He didn't want that kind of extra surveillance.

So he rushed through dinner and just as he was about to leave, Nathalie walked in.
"Adrien, your father called."

"Is he coming back?" Adrien's eyes lit up in hope. But he should've known better, Gabriel always flaked in the worst ways possible. "No, actually, we'll be joining him there soon."

"What‽" Adrien's eyes widened in horror.

~°~°~°~°~°

"Ta-da!" Marinette lifted her sketchbook. "Done!"
While the other kwamis played and a few slept, Tikki along with Mullo and Pollen sat next to her while she made the sketches for the dress she wanted to make.

She took his advice and since she technically spent all her time with him, he was her inspiration. He didn't know that, at least not yet. She knew she would most likely die from embarrassment when he found out anyway.