Forever<°~Adrienette~°>

Requested by adnoirmaribug

Dark Owl rewrite.
Identity reveal. Ladynoir and Adrienette fluff. Teensy angst. (Because why the f not)

~~~

If Mr. Damocles was smarter and Ladybug's plan to use the fake miraculouses failed, along with her plan B, C and all the alphabets to Z

~°~°~°~°~°
-References to Dark Owl and Frozer

"We can't do this." Catnoir looked distressed by her request. She was asking him to close his eyes when he was a flitter away from knowing who the love of his life was.

She placed her hand gently on his shoulder, "Trust me." And in a beat, he agreed. He'd follow her to the ends of the earth if only she asked. He slowly shut his eyes tight and she did the same.

"Spots off." She whispered and his heart had never ached more than it did at that moment.

"Claws in." She was a breath away yet so far away. But he couldn't betray her trust not even when his heart was being so diffident.

Adrien and Marinette stood facing each other, eyes screwed shut, and the kwamis stared in bewilderment. Plagg was most astonished, the irony was almost hilarious. He gasped and Tikki had to gesture him to keep silence.

He slowly slipped off his ring and stretched his hand out. Marinette reached out blindly and her skin felt almost like it was burned when her hand brushed his. Whoever he was, his hand sure was... soft. She ignored the fuzzy feeling in her chest and collected his ring.

Walking blindly to the open hatch, she placed the fake miraculouses she had earlier designed for Alya to play Cardboard girl. She heard it close and she smiled seeing her first phase of the plan was a go.

And then the next. The hatch opened outside the metal containment and Dark Owl reached in and collected the Miraculous.
"At last, I'm the only superhero in Paris and a superhero always keeps their words. Albert." He ordered and his computerized sidekick responded, "Whipped cream deactivated."

"Bring the Miraculous to me." Hawkmoth's voice echoed in his head and at his order, Albert send a little drone which opened so he could put the earrings and ring inside.

But then something was wrong. One of the spots of the earring was a completely different colour and bringing them closer to examine, he scratched a little bit on the material. To his utter dismay, it began to disintegrate in his hand. Pressing harder, there was nothing left but crumbs falling out.

He knew for sure that that was not supposed to happen.

"What is taking you so long, Dark Owl?"

"Fake." He murmured. "They tricked me." And he moulded his hand into fists. Scummy superheroes.

Adrien had given Plagg a piece of Camembert and Marinette gave Tikki a cookie. She was delightful that Dark Owl fell for her bait, by the words she heard earlier, the plan was a go.

She reached out to get Adrien's hand to place the Miraculous when they were both suddenly taken unaware by an impact on the containment.