Chapter 45

The afternoon sun shone down on the two classes as they relaxed by the side of the lake. Several of the students messed around in the water, splashing each other, and laughing, while others sat on the shores, soaking up the sun and just enjoying themselves. Bakugo had managed to draw several of the other students into a swimming race, the blond cackling as he used his quirk to launch himself out over the water as the others cried out that he was cheating, but quickly followed using their own quirks.

Mina sighed as she watched the groups, rubbing her arms gently as the sensitive skin still stung slightly from overusing her quirk.

"Not going to join them?" Momo asked from beside her, the elegant young woman lounging in a chair as she read her book, a wide sun hat on her head as she looked up.

"Nah," Mina chuckled, "I've had enough water for the day. And my skin is sore."

"Ah," Momo hummed in reply, quickly going back to her book.

Mina looked around again, her eyes falling on a pair of figures off in the distance, one far shorter than the other.

The taller of the two, his wild green hair pulled back in a small ponytail, seemed to be instructing the smaller figure about something, before a jet of water blasted from the younger's hands. Mina smiled, wondering how Izuku had managed to befriend the precocious Kouta after their rocky introduction.

"He's really good with kids, huh?" Pixie-bob said from behind them, making the pink-skinned girl jump slightly, "He'd make a great parent."

"Uhm…yeah," Mina muttered, trying to hide her blush behind her hands.

"So…" the woman said, stepping closer with a grin on her face, "Have you confessed yet?"

"Confessed?" Momo said, looking up from her book, "You actually confessed to Midoriya?"

"I…well…sort of?" Mina squeaked, her face going even more purple, "I…I told him that I liked him and he…sort of…thanked me? I think he was surprised by it. We haven't spoken since."

"Thanked you?" Pixie-bob scowled, "Is that all?! I'm going to go kick some sense into that boy! You can't just leave a girl hanging like that!"

"Please don't!" Mina shouted, grabbing onto the woman, "I just…I want to do this on my own."

"Hmmph," Pixie-bob huffed, "Fine, but if he doesn't give you a proper response, then just let me know and I'll let him have it!"

Mina looked back over to the two figures in the distance, which seemed to have started a water fight with Kouta's quirk, as the older woman stomped off. She blushed again as she watched Izuku get blasted in the face with a stream of water he definitely should have been able to dodge, falling dramatically backwards into the lake.

"I am bested!" Izuku said loudly as he collapsed into the water, floating on the surface with his face twisted into a comical grimace, his tongue sticking out of his mouth, "Oh woe is me, for now I die!"

"Get up!" Kouta snorted, a slight smile on his face as he ran over to the teen, trying to drag him up, "I haven't beaten you yet!"

"Sure you have!" Izuku laughed as he got to his feet, shaking some of the water off himself, "You're doing great, Kouta! It's great that you're opening up more!"

"I still don't like you!" the boy muttered as he looked away, a slight blush on his face, "Though I guess you are kind of cool."

"Aw, thank you!" Izuku chuckled, blinking slightly as he looked away, his eyes catching sight of Mina standing on the shore, watching the two of them. Their eyes locked for a moment, emerald green staring into bright yellow, before both looked away quickly.