Chapter 25

"Breaking news," the horned newscaster said as he sat at the desk, "The Villain Stain, real name Akaguro Chizome, has been captured. Last night, during the vicious attack by an unknown gang of Villains on the city of Hosu, Stain was apparently apprehended by a small group of Heroes."

A grainy picture filled the television screen, showing three indistinct forms carrying another out of an alleyway and into the street.

"They apparently encountered him in an alley way off Ekou street and were able to apprehend him," the man continued, nodding slightly as he spoke, "Many are glad for the so called "Hero Killer" being off the streets, and have wished to know the identities of the individuals responsible. However, their identities have been asked to be kept anonymous to help protect them from potential copy-cats or followers of the Hero Killer."

"There are many rumours that have popped up about this already, aren't there?" the woman sitting beside him said, "Some people are saying that the Hero Killer and the gang of Villains are connected."

"Unfortunately, we have no proof of this at the current time," the man replied, looking at her, "Although the appearances of the four Villains bear a striking resemblance to the one that was involved in the attack on UA by an unknown group last month."

"True," the woman nodded, "Though we urge residents of Hosu to be careful. While three of the Villains that attacked last night were apprehended, one has been reported to have escaped and-."

The screen went blank as Shigaraki turned the television off, throwing the remote across the room.

"Those bastards!" he growled, "They didn't even talk about us! Only the Hero Killer! We're not even mentioned! And the Nomu are barely more than a sideshow!"

"Calm yourself, Tomura Shigaraki," Kurogiri hummed as he cleaned a glass, "This is only a minor setback. I am sure that soon your League of Villains-."

"SHUT UP!" the man screamed, "It's not working! Everything I try just isn't working! Why? It's so unfair! And it's all that green brat's fault! I'll kill him!"

"Listen to Kurogiri, Tomura Shigaraki," the deep voice said as the television buzzed to life again, making both jump slightly as they looked at it, "This is only a minor setback. I am sure you will be able to rally others to your cause soon enough."

"But Sensei…" the man whined, staring at the screen.

"But nothing, Tomura Shigaraki," the irritation in his voice was slight, but obvious, making the Villain reel back in shock, "You are my successor, it is time you began to act like it."

"I…" Shigaraki muttered, "Yes, Sensei."

"Good," the man hummed, "Now, allow me to assist you in planning your next move."

The dark-haired figure watched the news broadcast on the large screen as he slouched against the wall, scratching slightly at the scars on his face.

The girl hummed a cute tune to herself as she watched the clip of the boy being carried away from the hole in the street on a stretcher. She licked her lips as she saw the dark red stains that covered the front of his costume.

"I'll avenge you, Stain," the scaled man growled as he slicked back his hair, scowling to himself as he glanced over at the numerous articles pinned to the wall of his shabby apartment.

Giran sighed as he sat back in the chair, his companion whining about something or other as the man lit a cigarette.

"It's hard, you know," the one-eyed man sighed, "Seems like no one wants to commit crimes anymore."

"Yeah," Giran replied, sitting forwards as he scrolled through his phone, "With the capture of the Hero Killer, things have quietened down a whole lot. Can't believe he was done in by a bunch of kids."