Chapter 32

"Hi-chan!"

Shinso sighed as he walked into the dorm. It had been barely three days since he had started joining the Hero students for meals, and yet the green-haired teen had already decided that this was enough of a reason to give him a ridiculous nickname. He looked past Izuku, inspecting the group of class A and B students already gathered around the table, various books scattered across its surface as Yaoyorozu stood at the head, seemingly tutoring them.

"Am I interrupting?" he asked, Izuku shaking his head as he led the purple-haired teen towards the table.

"Nope, we were just finishing up," he said, "Come on, you can help set the table!"

The teen just nodded as he silently followed Izuku, glancing over at the table as they passed, both Mina and Kirishima face down on it as what looked like steam slowly rose from their heads. He chuckled quietly to himself as he walked into the kitchen, greeting Inko as Izuku handed him a stack of plates.

"And how are you, Shinso-san?" the woman asked as she bustled around the kitchen, "Studying for your upcoming exams, I hope?"

"Yeah," he muttered, the woman smiling kindly at him.

"That's good to hear," she hummed, "We're having fish tonight, it's good for your brain."

"Thanks," he replied, following Izuku out of the room as they walked over to the table, the rest of the students already clearing the books away.

"I think that went well," Momo beamed as she stood at the head of the table, hands on her hips as she gave a satisfied sigh, "I think you'll all be able to at least pass at this point."

"My brain is numb…" Setsuna moaned as she put a stack of books to the side, "Is it normal to be able to feel your brain? Cause I can't."

"It is imperative that we be properly prepared for these exams!" Iida called as he took some of the plates from Hitoshi, laying them out on the table, "They are just as important as the practical!"

"Oh yeah," Ochako hummed, "I wonder what those'll be like?"

"Oh, I know an upper-classman," Kendo chuckled as she stretched her back, "They told me that the practical exam for first years are almost always fights against robots."

"You mean like in entrance exams?" Pony chimed happily in her broken Japanese as she hopped up, "This be easy then!"

"SHUT YOUR FU-DAMN MOUTH, HORNS!" Bakugo spat as he appeared from the stairwell, not having joined in their study group, "THIS IS UA, NOTHING IS EASY!"

"Aw, are you saying you might struggle, Kacchan?" Neito chuckled, the blond glaring at him.

"OF COURSE NOT! I'LL ACE ALL THE EXAMS THEY CAN THROW AT US! AND DON'T CALL ME THAT, XEROX!"

Hitoshi just watched as they two blondes began throwing shade at each other, letting out a quiet sigh as he glanced over at the other quiet boy beside him. Rin gave him a tired smile, shrugging his shoulders as he sat back at the table.

"Number One Customer! I have new babies to show you!" the pink-haired support student yelled as she burst through the door, arms laden with rolls of paper, before a hand grabbed the back of her collar.

"Eat first, Mei," the bat-like girl sighed as she half dragged the babbling girl towards the table, "Then you can talk about your inventions."

"But babies!"

The rest of the students laughed at their antics, apparently already used to Mei's eccentricities. Hitoshi just sighed as he slipped into his seat between Pipi and Izuku.