Chapter 8

"What's it like having All Might as a teacher?" the reporter asked as she shoved the microphone into Izuku's face, the teen simply staring at her blank eyed as he reached into his pocket.

The reporters that had gathered around the UA gate all watched as he pulled out a small plastic object, showing it to the camera for a moment. It was one of those alarms you attach to young children for them to pull when strangers approached them, this one designed to look like a neon green rabbit. Izuku carefully took the pull cord in his fingers, and yanked on it, the shrill sound of the alarm startling the reporters as they stepped back.

"Stranger danger!" he shouted as he tossed the screeching object to the woman who'd approached him, before darting through the entrance. The woman shouted as she tried to follow him, the UA Barrier shooting up just before she stepped through the gate.

"Hey, Mr. gate guard," Izuku said to the man sitting in the small booth just behind the gate, "Just an FYI, but there's someone with a quirk that can like…rot things? I think? On the other side of the gate. I didn't get a good look at them though."

"What? Oh, okay," the portly man said in surprise, looking at the teen like he had two heads, "I'll, uh…I'll report that."

"We'll be voting for Class Representative today," the tired looking man that was Shota Aizawa said as he pulled up his sleeping bag, "Wake me when you come to a decision."

"I suggest a democratic vote!" Iida shouted over the cacophony of voices as the class began trying to plead their cases.

"Ooh, good idea!" Uraraka said, Izuku nodding as well.

The class quietened down as Iida moved around the room, gathering their slips of paper, before moving to the board and writing out each of the nineteen student's names.

"I'll make a tally mark beside your name for each vote you receive," the stern teen said, opening the first slip of paper.

The class watched in silence as he reached out and made a mark beside one of the names. Then made another beside the same name. And then again. After a full minute of marking only one name, the class actually cheered when he finally marked someone else's name, and then again when he marked two other names, before placing a final mark on the first again.

"Well," Iida hummed, looking at the board, "It seems almost unanimous."

The class stared at the information on the board.

Tenya Iida: 2 votes
Momo Yaoyorozu: 1 vote
Katsuki Bakugo: 1 vote
Izuku Midoriya: 15 votes

"Oh," the green-haired teen said as he looked at the board, "Wow!"

"Yes!" Iida said as he waved Izuku up to the front, "You are most certainly the best person for the job! Though I will not lie, I had hoped to secure it myself!"

"I figured," Izuku laughed as he stood behind the podium, shaking Iida's hand, "That's why I voted for you. Though it does mean you get to be Vice Rep. I look forward to working with you!"

"Likewise!" the stern boy nodded.

"Okay," the green-haired teen said as he sat across from the invisible girl, "So it's like grabbing the air, but not moving your hand or actually trying to grab the air."

"What does that even mean?" Jiro sighed from beside Kaminari, the blond fighting with Sero as they tried to steal each other's lunch, blinking when the air around Hagakure's hands suddenly warped, "What?"

"Midoriya's instructions make a weird kind of sense," The girl shrugged, the shoulders of her empty uniform bobbing up and down, before lifting her chopsticks to her mouth, pausing just before they reached where her lips would be, "Uhm…Midoriya, why are you staring at me like that?"