Chapter 16

Hey guys! SO, the fight in this chapter gets pretty brutal, so if you don't want to read about two teens beating the shit out of each other, I've marked the start and end of the fight with =+=+= so you can skip it.

Also, can I ask that we tone down the Bakugo hate in the reviews, please? Yes, he's a bastard, but it's a bit much, thanks.

Thank you to Critical_Warrior and Earth_Dragoon for Beta reading this and the last few chapters!

"Ah, the fated match between rivals," Monoma laughed as he poked his head over the divider between the 1-A and 1-B seating areas, "How romantic. I wonder who will kill who?"

"Monoma, stop antagonizing class A," a female voice called, a head of bright red hair pulled into a short side-pony popping up next to him as she chopped the back of his neck, knocking him out before her friendly face peeked over the barrier, "Sorry about him, he gets a little…passionate. I'm Itsuka Kendo, nice to meet you."

"We know," the students replied, Tsuyu nodding sagely as she continued, "We have one of our own."

"Oh, right. His name is Midoriya, right? Monoma constantly goes on about him," Kendo laughed, "It wouldn't surprise me if he had a crush."

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" the blond in her grasp suddenly gasped, shooting upright, "Izuku is my closest friend! He's practically my brother! We are bound by our quirks and our souls! Even if I were such ways inclined, I would never be able to risk damaging that bond!"

"That totally sounds kind of gay, my dude," Kaminari laughed, "But hey, wouldn't blame you, Midoriya's not bad looking."

"Hate to interrupt your heart-to-heart," Jiro called, "But the finals are starting."

The students quickly settled back into their seats as they watched the two figures walk onto the stage.

"AND IT'S TIME FOR THE FINALS!" Present Mic screamed through the speakers, "ARE YOU READY? FIRST, WE HAVE THE EXPLOSION MAN HIMSELF! DESTROYING HIS OPPONENTS IN A SPECTACLE OF POWER! KATSUKI BAKUGO! AND THEN WE HAVE HIS OPPONENT! THE QUIRK COPYING EXTRODENAIRE! IZUKU MIDORIYA! GET READY FOR AN EXPLOSIVE MATCH FOLKS!"

"Hey Kacchan! You figure out what I was talking about earlier?" Izuku called across the arena as the blond glared at him.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE GO EASY ON ME, YOU SHITNERD!" the blond screamed back, "I'M NOT GOING TO LOSE TO SOME HALF-ASSED BULLSHIT!"

"I'll take that as a yes," the green-haired teen muttered, looking to Midnight as the woman raised her whip.

"Ready?" she called, "Start!"

The two teens glared at each other, standing motionless for a moment before Katsuki took a step forwards, Izuku copying him. The crowd's cheers died down as the two walked slowly towards each other, muttering as they watched. Izuku rolled his shoulders as Katsuki cracked his knuckles, the two stopping just out of arm's reach.

"I'm going to kick your ass," Katsuki spat.

"I look forward to it," Izuku chuckled back.

The right hook swung towards Izuku's head, the green-haired teen not even blinking as his hand shot up and blocked it, spinning on his heel, and yanking the blond over his shoulder. Katsuki yelled as he was slammed into the concrete, yanking his hand free as he scrambled to his feet, just barely dodging a stomp. The fist met the side of Katsuki's head as Izuku stepped forwards, throwing the blond to the side.

Katsuki gave a guttural yell as he staggered back, before charging forwards again, swinging his arms wildly. Izuku was able to block several of the wild punches, before one slipped through and slammed into his gut, making him cough. Katsuki gave a wild grin as he swung again, landing a devastating punch against the side of Izuku's head, making it snap to the side as the green-haired teen stumbled.