Chapter 34

Holy heck, over 750 Faves and almost a 1000 Follows. I think that calls for a bonus chapter this week! Enjoy!

The rest of the class watched as Izuku boarded the bus with their home room teacher, whispering nervously to each other.

"Well, now that that is out of the way," Nedzu squeaked happily, "We'll tell the rest of you your pairs and who you'll be facing!"

Izuku fidgeted in his seat as he stared at Aizawa, the man already wrapped in his sleeping bag and dozing on the front seat of the bus.

"So," the teen said, "Am I really going to be fighting you alone?"

"Hmph," Aizawa simply grunted, turning over as he tried to sleep.

"Really really?" Izuku grinned as he poked the yellow cocoon with his finger, watching as his teacher jerked slightly from the prod to his kidney, "Come on, that would be really unfair!"

"What are you trying to do, problem child?" the man growled, "Just let me sleep until we get there."

"Not happening," Izuku grinned, "I want you as tired as possible to give myself the edge. It's only logical to weaken your opponent, right?"

"Shut up," Aizawa sighed as he sat up, glaring at Izuku as the teen grinned back at him, "We're almost there. You should be able to feel your partner soon enough."

"Wait," Izuku said as he looked towards the large structure they were approaching, his eyes going wide, a wide grin forming on his face, "Really?"

"What a mad banquet of darkness," Tokoyami sighed as he stood beside his partner in the brightly lit room.

It was a strange construction, a large domed roof above them, and multiple floors lining the walls, columns supporting them.

"Do not fear, mon ami!" Yuga said exuberantly, "We shall succeed! Why! For I am present! And sparkly!"

"Are you ready to start?" Ectoplasm called from across the room, "You remember the rules? You must either defeat, capture or escape me to pass."

"Yes, Sensei," the two students said as they readied themselves.

"Exam Begin," the electronic voice called, the two immediately darting to the side as Ectoplasm unleashed a torrent of ectoplasm from his mouth, the silvery-white fluid quickly forming into clones of himself.

"This is madness!" Fumikage shouted as they dodged around the swarm of ectoplasm clones, Dark Shadow cowering slightly beside him as Yuga released another bright blast of his laser, "We cannot work together!"

"Ne vrais!" Yuga shouted, "I am magnificent enough to work with anyone! I am the most sparkly of all!"

"Too bright!" Dark shadow howled as another blast of light destroyed two clones, but forced him to shrink back further, ducking under Fumikage's cloak, "Ah, nice and dark!"

"Dark," Fumikage muttered as he darted to the side, just barely avoiding the kick of a clone, "Wait! Aoyama! Create your brightest flash! And keep it going as long as possible!"

"Are you sure, mon ami?" the other teen shouted as Fumikage leapt behind a pillar, "Very well!"

"If he is the brightest of lights," the raven-headed teen said, bracing himself, "Then he will cast the darkest of shadows!"

The light blasted out from behind the pillar, casting a deep black shadow across the floor, straight towards the original Ectoplasm, who had yet to move.

The Pro blinked behind his mask for a moment, before the force slammed into him, driving him into the far wall. He coughed as he saw the form of Dark Shadow roar, before pulling back, another blast from Yuga sending the quirk reeling. Ectoplasm tried to stand, groaning at his bruised ribs, before he heard the tell-tale click. He looked down at his leg, the handcuffs wrapped around the prosthetic, before looking up to see a posing Yuga standing over him.