fourty

the two couples are glued to each other. they were always together. well, maybe not always but pretty much a lot.

today, they decided to take a stroll at the park. it was a beautiful evening too. not too hot, not too cold.

" so what are you planning to do after graduation? " he asks, biting off his ice cream.

she gave him a long pause, trying her hardest to imagine herself in the future. it was a good question though.

" hm... i don't know. what about you? "

" hopefully i'll enrol in a university, " he replied.

" do you think i'll be able to enrol too? " she asks. it's a doubt because she only started schooling this year and only this year. she might be smart but she doesn't have evidence of qualification.

" i hope you do. it's based on your final exam's results. "

that gave her some hope. just thinking about it made her so excited, but she don't want to get her hopes high.

they continued their conversations, eyes are nonstop taking glances at each other.

indeed, they are living their best life at the moment. hearts are still beating fast when they're in touch.

as they were talking, a person stood in front of them. postures are straight, fashion is... questionable but cocky.

her eyes went wide along with jake's.

" mom.. "

the end •