twenty five

" oh! jake. what are you doing here? "

how shameless.

" can you stop bothering nahyun? "

he was straightforward with his wordings. not even caring to talk in a private place. he ought it's best to just say it loudly.

the girl's bright smile slowly turns upside down.

" what do you mean? "

he lets out a snicker, too amazed at how much of a good actress she is.

" don't play dumb. you know what you did. "

" but i really don't– "

" nahyun's at the hospital now because of you. why won't you just leave her alone? " he said out of agony. " her body is in such a horrible state. what is it? what did she do that lead you to hurt her? "

the girl looked around her surroundings. she's glad her parents are away otherwise she'd be grounded.

" if you're not going to talk, fine. i'll report you to the principal tomorrow. "

he turned around, walking away. in all honesty, he didn't know why was there somebody trying to hurt nahyun. he thought lying, saying she's a cousin would lessen the rumour but why is she the target?

" i like you, jake! "

and he stopped his track.

" is that.. " he muttered, slowly turning his body to face her again. " is that why you hurt her? "

he clenched his fist, trying to restrain himself from throwing a punch at the girl. don't even sweat, of course, he wouldn't do such a thing.

" i really like you, jake. i couldn't wrap the thought of you being close to a girl. "

" that's not a reason to hurt her. she's my cousin! "

" i know you two aren't cousins! i know you two faked it. "

his eyes went wide. but he remains calm. " still, that doesn't mean you can bully her. "

not even bothered by her pitiful looks, jake walked away. his mind is full of nahyun.

" but i like you! "

" and i don't. "