twenty six

her eyes shot open but then squints as the bright light blinds her.

" too.. bright.. " she murmured, using her hand to avoid the lighting.

" oh god! nahyun, you're awake. " jake's mother came running, gently cupping her face. " how are you feeling? are you okay? do you need to drink? hungry maybe? "

her worries curved a smile on nahyun's face. it's refreshing to hear someone actually cares about her.

" i'm fine. " she smiled, eyes still observing her surrounding. " where's jaeyun? "

jake is her safe place, safe person, safe everything. she really needs him at the moment.

" he's still at school, darling. he'll be here after school. "

nodding, she feels numb. her whole body feels weak and lame.

" you should eat something. you haven't eaten anything since yesterday. "

gosh, has she been sleeping the entire day? haha, the bullies seriously beat her hard.

his mother returned with a porridge, which she eventually fed nahyun.

just how much has she troubled this innocent family? all she did was create a mess yet they still treated her like their own daughter.

" you know, jaeyun found you unconscious in the girl's bathroom. " his mother spoke up, still gently feeding her the food, " he said that you were bullied. why weren't you telling me about this? "

silence.

" jaeyun said he'll handle the matter. the girl should be expelled. "

again, silence.

she doesn't know what to respond. yes, she feels guilty. yes, she's upset. yes, she's confused.

but she has no power to forbid jake. he's bigger, tougher than her.