twenty seven

he came rushing, excited to hear she has woken up.

due to his ease, he pulled the girl into a hug. — which the girl reacted with a hiss.

" shit, sorry. " he apologised, backing away. " where's mom? "

" she went to buy drinks. "

he nodded his head, taking a seat beside her bed. he was happy and relieved. though the bruising on her body still gave him some sort of sorrow, he's just glad she's still waking up.

" how are you feeling? "

" numb, " she replied, slightly chuckling.

ah, that smile. it gave him butterflies. just how is she able to smile despite many misfortunes?
indeed, she's such a strong girl.

" seo yerim admitted to bullying you. she should be expelled, starting tomorrow. "

she honestly doesn't know if she should be happy or sad. it's not really something she'd be over the moon of.

" isn't that a bit too harsh? "

his eyebrows went furrowed, " what harsh? you are laying here because of her. you're just too nice, nahyun. "

he's right. she is too nice. too forgiving.

" just focus on yourself first, hm? even my friends are worried about you. " he giggles, patting her head gently.

like she said before, he is her only saviour. she feels safe around him. the fact he's still here beside her is just a blessing.

there isn't a time where she isn't smiling around him. he's like a ray of sunshine.

no, don't fall harder.