nine

pang!

a slap on the right cheek.

pang!

a slap on the left cheek.

she was truly hopeless as her body was thrown on the ground with punches and slaps given by her mother and that random guy.

this was all caused by some money. the money she doesn't have.

her mother was only yelling at first but her boyfriend started to get violent.

gosh, she's desperate. her nose and mouth were dripping blood and her skin are turning purple.

they were outside too. not too dark but not too bright either.

she could see eyes were watching but not a single soul dared to intervene. they were watching her get hit like it was some drama on the tv.

as he casually made his way to his friend's house, he heard a scream of help coming from the neighbourhood.

worried, he immediately rushed to the scene.

he was shocked to see the girl he knew on the ground getting punched.

" stop right now! " he interrupted, courageous enough to approach closer.

it helped. kinda.

the man stopped his action and stared deeply at jake.

" oh? your boyfriend is here to save you? " almost like mockery, the man kneeled beside nahyun. " you're such a slut. haha, having a boyfriend. "

the man had his palm on her cheek, slapping it playfully. mocking and teasing.

" let her go. " jake continued, talking softly to hopefully sort things out nicely.

the man looked back at him. he lets out an 'unbelievable' laugh. " what? "

the man is indeed bigger than jake is. of course, he wouldn't budge at jake's intimidating words.

" i mean it. let her go. "

" or else what? are you gonna fight me? beat me? kick me? look at me. i'm bigger than you. "

ignoring the presence of jake, the man continues to abuse nahyun. this was it. this was jake's final limit. he hated the agonizing abuse.

" i'm stronger than you think i am. "