thirty

trying to brush off her worries about her mother, she gazes back into the river.

" my mother became so... different when i was six. it was when my father died from a car crash. "

his eyes never left her sight. he was thrown deep into the story.

" maybe.. maybe my mother couldn't accept the truth and well, she became a monster. gosh, i don't want to use that word but that describes her best. " she said, getting emotional. " honestly i don't know how i'm able to live through those miseries. "

not even bothering to interrupt her, he listened to her quietly.

" the neighbours used to complain about her hitting me but one day they just stopped. since then, no one really cares. "

forcefully chuckling, she wipes off her tears. this was embarrassing.

" enough about me. what is it that you wanted to tell me? "

personally, he hesitates to tell her. she just shared a very touchy story, he hates to ruin the moment.

" i don't know if it's a good time to tell you this but.. "

he took a glance at her again. she was anticipating him.

her face is just so innocent, it unknowingly made him smile.

she was still waiting for him to finish his sentence when she feels his hand intertwined with hers.

" i like you, nahyun. "

he leans in, placing his lips on hers with his right hand holding her hand and his left hand cupping her cheek.

her eyes went wide. this was never close to her imagination but it was too sudden.

sim jaeyun likes her?