twenty eight

she has recovered. it took her a few weeks to fully heal, which was longer than she expected.

during her stays in the hospital, jake would constantly teach her about the subjects he learned that day.

he's also been so caring of her. he almost accompanied her 24/7.

during those periods, they have gotten closer. much closer than they used to before.

maybe she's just opening up to him.

going back to school gave her trauma. but relief comforts her as the incident didn't repeat.

finally, she's able to breathe freely.

funny how students at the school now give no shit when she's around jake.

" you look drowsy," he said, lightly fixing her bangs.

she nodded, tucking her long hair behind her ears.

gosh, her hair is growing too long. cutting her bangs a week before wasn't a good idea too. it's too interrupting.

jake on the other side loves it. she looked cuter with those set of bangs.

" did you bring an umbrella? the weather doesn't look too promising. "

nahyun slowly shook her head.

her eyes stare outside. indeed, the skies are dark.

" let's just go before it rains, " she said.

agreeing on her idea, the two started walking. just as they were about to cross the main gate, raindrops started to pour down.

his face crept up a playful smirk and instantly grabbed her hand, pulling her to run back home.

drenched. soaked. wet.

but they didn't mind. it was the fun journey that matters.

students with umbrellas are busy looking at the two kids. they looked like little kids.

in fact, the students thought they were lovers when he literally introduced her as a cousin.

it was admirable, that's for sure.