eighteen

waking up today was surely magnificent. her first-ever day of school is today. in fact, this moment.

" wake up, missy. " she heard jake from outside, knocking on her door softly.

" already am! "

surely, she might be too dramatic to go to school. she woke up earlier than she was supposed to.

making her way downstairs, she was greeted by his parents.

" good morning, nahyun. " his mother smiled, patting the seat beside her to let nahyun sit. " very happy today, huh? "

" i am! "

" where's jaeyun? "

" he's probably– "

" i'm here. jesus. " he said, rushing down the stairs. damn, things really do be getting fast when someone's excited.

" there you are. sit. "

he obeyed her words, sitting across nahyun. it was a very peaceful morning, quite chilly actually.

" study well, make friends at school. " his mother said as she bid farewell to the two teenagers.

his mother is definitely the kind of mother everyone wishes for. and she's grateful for that.

walking side by side, she noticed how quiet he actually is. he's usually talkative and grinning but right now, he's just focusing on the path and not muttering any words.

slowly, they arrived at the school. it's still so early so it wasn't as crowded.

" you should go to the teacher's office. do you want me to escort you? "

gently shaking her head, " it'll be easier if i can memorise the school by myself. "

" sure. contact me if you feel lost. " he smiles, giggling as he messed with her hair.

just as her figure is slowly becoming less and less noticeable, he went to his locker, arranging his subject for the day.

" who was that? "

fuck. that made him flinch in surprise.

" jesus, sunghoon. you scared me. who was who? "

" that girl. you finally found yourself a girlfriend, huh? "

" what girlfriend? " jake asked, rolling his eyes. can't be near a girl and they automatically assumed he's in love. " she's a cousin. cousin, dear park sunghoon. "

indeed, they had to lie. it's gonna make their job easier plus fewer questions about the sensitivity.