fifteen

the two was enjoying their thriller movie along with food in their mouth.

five o'clock.

usually, his mother would return home during this hour but somehow she's still working.

" have u seen layla? " he asked, glancing around to look for his precious dog.

" she's napping upstairs. "

" your room? "

" no, on her bed. " earning a nod from jake, they focused back on the tv. " jaeyun... " she called out, barely making a sound.

with his super-hearing, he heard her. " hm? "

" how– how about um... i don't know... "

" what are you trying to say? " he giggles, sending flatters to her. " you okay? "

" yes, yes. i'm okay. it's just that.. you know... i've been living here freely and i don't want to be a burden and all.. you know... "

"you're never a burden, nahyun. "

" i don't know, jaeyun. i feel like i'm being a nuisance here. what if i start working? you know, my old place. then i'll feel relieved again. "

" you don't need to work. you're not even healed yet. i'm sure everyone wouldn't mind you being here. "

" but again– "

" how about you go to school instead? it'll be less stressful for you. "

just when he offered her to go to school, her eyes lit up. noticing her change of behaviour made him smile.

" seriously? "

" i'll talk to mom about this. maybe she'll approve, maybe not. i don't know. "

she was over the moon to even imagine going to school. even if it's her last year to be able to join a school, she'll be more than happy to ever experience new things.

gosh, she wished it to be true.