two

today was no different.

he may be intelligent but going to school was never anybody's hobby. it's the same hectic cycle and it gets boring too.

thank god it's his last year. he'll be moving on to university next. it'll sure be greater, right?

he isn't late. he never will. it's still so dark with just a glimpse of the sun rising.

it was peaceful and cold until he felt a tap on his shoulder. he turned around immediately.

surprised to see a random girl, his face formed a confused expression as he removed his earphone.

" may i help you? "

" uh... i'm the girl from the convenience store yesterday. i just uhh... i just wanted to say thank you. " she paused, hesitant to continue. " please do tell me how much should i repay you? "

" repay? " he asked, almost surprised. her items weren't even expensive. " there's no need to pay me back! really. "

" but sir– "

" no, no. i'm serious. it's all on me. " he said. " i shall get going. have a good one today, miss. "

she watched the figure slowly getting further. that was... rare.

she doesn't know if she should be grateful– well, she is grateful but she's also ashamed.

how embarrassing was it to have a stranger pay for your item? let alone an item from a convenience store.

but he was nice, very soft-spoken too. if only she knew his name.