twenty nine

sitting down alone, her eyes stare deep into the river.

the lonely nights, cricket singing, dark and empty streets. this was her first treasure.

she's usually here crying, blaming her fate but tonight, she went with a peaceful mind.

her days are bright and healing. she smiled. it's been a couple of months since she last saw her mother.

she couldn't help but wonder what happened to her mother. — and well, her mother's boyfriend. sure.

" nahyun? "

that voice. she recognised it really well.

her head directed towards the sound. a smile crept upon her face as she correctly guessed the owner of the voice.

" jaeyun.. "

with no hesitation, he took a seat beside her.

" what are you doing here this late? "

that question...
it feels nostalgic, or maybe a deja vu. this unexpectedly made her curve a smile.

" taking a fresh air, " she responded, feeling a serenity.

" it's one though. you should've asked me to accompany you. " jake continued, tilting his head to the right, eyes still focused on the water.

" i don't want to wake you up. "

" you know i never sleep early. "

" still... "

silence.

it was a peaceful silence. the two were just enjoying the fresh cold wind. both are just in calmness.

" jaeyun– "

" nahyun– "

shocked, the two paused their sentence.  but then again, silence surrounds them.

" you can go first. " he offered.

feeling awkward now, she decided to just proceed with her speech. just to break the ice.

" i wonder what's happening with my mother, " she said, puffing her cheeks some air.

" i'm sure she's doing just fine. "

" but nobody's there to take care of the bill and food. "

he couldn't respond. there's no possible answer to reassure her.

" you couldn't answer that too.. " she said, looking down. " i'm just worried about her. "

" worry about yourself first, " he replied, sending her a smile.