thirty seven

glitter, shimmer, blinks.

when she thought life couldn't be more interesting, here she is wearing a madly beautiful pink dress.

not even a slight thought ever passed for her to experience herself in such a pretty dress.

her hair and makeup, too, are well-styled. it's perfect, well at least in her opinion.

she walked down the stairs, only to find jake waiting on her. his face is nonstop smiling.

" gosh, you look so stunning. " he complimented, politely handing out his hand. " are you ready to go, missy? "

she nodded her head, actually enthusiastic about the prom night.

it's only fair that his brother offered to send them off at the school. nahyun would be exhausted if she walks in those heels.

it's just incredible how his family doesn't care about them being lovey-dovey. it's not forbidden, that's for sure.

the moment they arrived inside the main avenue, it's like a fresh start.

the eyes that used to stare at them are now minding their own business. everyone knows, everyone realises that they are in fact not even blood-related. and slowly, the news fades away.

still intertwining their hands, jake leads her to his friends.

" you look gorgeous, nahyun. "

giving off a smile, " thank you, jay. "

" have you found a partner for yourself? " jake continued.

" yeah. she went to the bathroom. "

" what about sunghoon? "

" sunghoon... i don't this he's here yet. he should be here in a few minutes though. " jay replied, his eyes are searching around the hall. " ah, my date has returned. i shall excuse myself. " he chuckles, lightly bowing to the two pairs.

" he's attractive. "

jake heard her mutterings and made an obvious noise of clearing the throat. she laughs upon seeing his silly reaction.