Chapter thirty nine: Take the stones, run away

Lila ran and dragged Natasha into the house "Slow down honey" Natasha said with a smile, "Oh" Lila giggled "Sorry"

"Come on I want to show you something" Lila said as she rushed up the stairs, Natasha turned around and flashed an apologetic smile at Yelena

"It's fine, go with her" "I'll be right back" Natasha said before walking upstairs after Lila.

Laura walked over to Clint and hugged him tightly, "You okay sweetheart?" he asked

"You had me worried sick" Clint sighed, "I'm sorry honey, but it's not just that isn't it?"

"She was dead Clint, yesterday I thought about her and cried because I will never be able to see her again, and now she's here and I-" "But she's back now, it's a good thing"

"Of course it's a good thing! but I just, I won't be able to handle it if I had to lose her all over again..." Clint kissed his wife's forehead gently, "Me too, but we won't lose her again, I won't let that happen"

Clint and Laura could hear noises coming from the kitchen, they looked at each other confused and walked towards the sound

When they got to the kitchen they saw Yelena, she turned around smiling at them, "I'm making mac and cheese for dinner, If... thats ok?"

Laura giggled, "It's fine sweetheart, let me help you"

"No, no it's fine you go rest i'll call you when it's ready" Yelena said with a cheeky grin on her face

"Okay than", Clint and Laura walked back to the living room and Clint chuckled

"What?" Laura asked, "No, it's just that you called her sweetheart"

"And..." "She's not a kid" "Your point?" Clint just stood there not knowing what to say

"Look honey, Yelena and Wanda are the same age, I met Wanda when she was a teenager although she's all grown up now she's always like a daughter to me, and so is Yelena, I've called Wanda sweetheart before haven't I?"

"Yes you did" "See" , Clint smiled and kissed her cheek

"I guess you're right"

...

"How much longer?" Ivy asked

"I don't know, but probably longer than 5 hours"

Ivy groand and sat on the chair, "I can't wait anymore, I need to know she is okay"

"Oh, believe me, I know how you feel"

"I'm Sorry" "For what?" Wanda turned to look at her

"Everything, everything you had to go through because of my mother, because of Ultron and Thanos..."

"How do you know about Thanos?" Wanda asked confused

Ivy moved her hair to the side, showing a scar just above her forehead that went from behind her ear to the middle of her forehead making Wanda gasp

Ivy let out a dry chuckle "Yeah, let's just say that Thanos and I have crossed paths before" "He did this to you?"

"Well, yes..." Wanda tilted her head, "What happened?" Ivy sighed

~Flashback: After Thanos got the space stone~

Ivy watched as Thanos returned to the ship with the stone in his hand, her mother was very specific about this mission, take the stones. run away.

Ivy waited patiently for him to be distracted and when she found the right time she repeated every step her mother taught her.

Get into his mind. still the infinity gauntlet. knocked him out. run away.