Chapter twenty seven: Nobody said that it would last forever

⚠Tw-Panic attack⚠

"Wanda!" Yelena yelled as she ran to catch her but Wanda already fell on the floor.

Yelena could see Carol dragging Sophia who was sobbing into the jet as they flew away quickly.

She crouched down "Wanda" she tried to shake her

"Wands, come on просыпайся" (wake up)

When Wanda didn't respond Yelena started to get worried

"Is she breathing?" Clint asked worriedly

"Yelena" Ivy called but Yelena didn't answer

"Yelena, please let me do this for a second"

"What are you doing?"  "I'm checking if she's..." Yelena nodded slightly and stepped back.

Ivy sat down on her knees in front of Wanda, and placed a hand on her forehead.

Ivy closed her eyes slowly as purple mist started to form in her hand

After a couple of minutes Ivy opened her eyes "So?" Clint asked

"Her heart is beating" Clint and Yelena let out a sigh of relief

"She got hit pretty hard, I don't know how long it would take her to wake up, her body is... very weak right now"

"Lena?" Clint called, she looked at him, "Help me get her on the jet?"

Yelena nodded and got up to help Clint.

Clint grabbed her legs as Yelena placed her arms under her shoulders as they walked slowly back to the jet.

"Come on dorogoy" Yelena said to Ivy

...

"Sophia, I need you to slow your breathing, ok?" Carol cooed softly

Sophia started to hyperventilate, her mind racing, pictures of what happened ran through her mind like an endless loop.

"Sweetie, is it ok if I put my hands on your cheeks?" Carol asked not wanting to make the situation worse.

Sophia nodded weakly, Slowly and carefully she placed her hands on the teen's cheeks "Sweetie, look at me"

Sophia was still hyperventilating, her face looked pale and her eyes flattered close.

"No, no hey, don't close your eyes, look at me"

Sophia turned her head to look at Carol

"Good job sweetheart, can you try to take a deep breath for me?"

Carol could see she was struggling

"Copy my breathing ok?" Carol slowly took a deep breath as Sophia tried to copy her.

"You're doing so good sweetie, let's do that a couple more times"

When Sophia's breathing returned to normal, she couldn't help the stream of hot tears running down her face.

"Come here" Carol pulled her into her embrace and rubbed her back soothingly, "You're ok sweetie, you're ok"

"I-I killed her" Sophia shuttered out

"No, no you didn't kill her sweetie" Carol said

She felt bad for her, the truth is she didn't know what was going on with Wanda but she tried her best to comfort the sobbing girl in her arms.

...

"I was supposed to protect her" Yelena said barely above a whisper

"What?" Clint asked