Chapter nine: Pieces of me

The next morning Wanda woke up alone in her bed, she sighed heavily remembering last night's events.

Just then Billy and Tommy came running inside her room "Mom, are you coming down soon?"

"Mom, our game is freaking out"

"Is she asleep?" Wanda was covered in her blanket

"Mommy's not sleeping, honey. She's just resting her eyes"

"Mom, my head feels weird. It's, like, really noisy. I don't like it"

"Resting. Her. Eyes"

The twins just got back downstairs.

Meanwhile Sophia woke up in her room as her eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight, she remembered what happened last night.

She felt so bad for leaving Ivy by herself after she did such a nice thing for her.

She quickly jumped out of her bed, she brushed her teeth, got dressed and put her hair in a high ponytail.

She ran towards her mother's room "Mom?" "Mom, are you awake?"

"What is it honey?" Wanda said from the other side of the door.

"Can I go to Ivy's house?" "Yeah sure" "Thanks mom love you"

Her mom just hummed in response Sophia couldn't help but feel like something was wrong with her mother but she just shrugged it off and headed out of the house.

Wanda got down the stairs "Have you seen your dad?"

"Um, no" Tommy answered

"Do you wanna go look for him?"

"Well, if he doesn't wanna be here, there's nothing I can do about it".

"Hey, Mom, last night, Uncle P said that thing about re-killing Dad?"

"Don't believe anything that man said. He is not your uncle"

"Who is he?"

"Here's the thing, boys. I'm your mom. And as such, you were counting on me to have all the answers, right? Well, I don't. I have... no answers.

I'm starting to believe that everything is... meaningless. You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but that's just where I'm at".

Billy and Tommy looked at their mother confused, something was definitely wrong with her.

At the edge of town Vision woke up on the ground he slowly got up and saw someone familiar.

He slowly approached her "Can I help you, creeper?"

"You don't remember me from last night? We locked eyes. There was unspoken understanding"

"Um, hard pass" "No, wait. Wait up"

"Hello? Excuse me. Uh, you tried to help me"

"Doubtful. I'm notoriously self-involved" "No, no, no. Please. Just hear me out. All right. I believe that you were part of a team monitoring a supernatural anomaly. And now... Well, you're in it"

"Fine. I'll go out with you, but I'm ordering the lobster"

Vision had no choice but to pull her out of her trance.

"Ooh. Whoa! Okay. Ooh. Whew"  "Awake?"   "Ooh, uh, yeah"

"All right?"   "Ooh. Oh, hello, self. You know, part of me secretly wanted a guest spot on the show, but seriously, that sucked"