Chapter eight: This is Halloween part 2

Vision was making his way through the town eager to find answers to what is going on and what any of this has to do with his wife.

He kept walking until he saw Agnes's car at the edge of the town.

"Agnes? What are you doing here?"

"Town Square Scare. Where is it?"

"Oh, well, the Town Square. I expect" "Took a wrong turn. Got lost"

"In the town you grew up in?"

Vision was confused, he decided to not wait and get his answers right away, he placed his fingers on both sides of Agnes's forehead and pulled her out of her trance.

"It's all right" Vision reassured her

Agnes took a look at Vision and gasped in surprise.

"You... You're one of the Avengers. You're Vision. Are you here to help us?"

"I am Vision. I do want to help. But what's an Avenger?"

"What? Why don't you know?" "Am I dead?"

"No, no. Why would you think that?"   "Because you are"  " 'Cause I'm what?"  "Dead".

"Dead" "Dead!" " Dead!" Agnes shouted at him.

"Agnes, it is my intention to reach those outside of Westview and make sense of our situation"

"How? No one leaves. Wanda won't even let us think about it. All is lost"

"Agnes..." Agnes was laughing maniacally

"Agnes, please calm down. Agnes! Please..."

Vision had nothing to do but put her back into her trance.

"I will fix this, Agnes. I promise"

"Okey-dokey, neighbor" and with that she drove away.

With no Agnes in sight Vision made his way towards the edge of the town trying to understand what was happening.

Meanwhile Wanda and Pietro were walking down the street and sat next to each other.

"Where were you hiding these kids up till now?" Pietro asked, looking at all of the kids beside them.

"What?"

"I assume they were sleeping peacefully in their beds. No need to traumatize beyond the occasional holiday episode cameo, right?"

"I don't... I didn't..." Wanda trambled

"Don't get me wrong. You've handled the ethical considerations of this scenario as best you could. Families and couples stay together, most personalities aren't far off from what's underneath, people got better jobs, better haircuts, for sure"

"You don't think it's wrong?"

"What, are you kidding? I'm impressed! Seriously. It's a big leap from giving people nightmares and shooting red wiggly-woos out of your hands. How'd you even do all this? ... Hey, I'm not some stranger and I'm not your husband. You can talk to me"

"I don't know how I did it. I... I only remember feeling completely alone. Empty. I just... Endless nothingness"

...

"I'm so glad i've met you" Sophia spoke after a while of silence.

"Really?"   "Of course! You seem surprised"

"I- well I'm not used to someone being glad to have me as a company"

"Believe me anyone will be glad to have someone like you"