Chapter twenty: Feelings fade

"Sophia, who is this?" Lila asked in confusion

"No one" Sophia said "She shouldn't be here, come on Lila"

Ivy's heart broke at Sophia's words, she looked at her with a broken look while Sophia returned nothing but a serious face.

"Sophia please I have to talk to you!" Ivy pleaded

"I have nothing to talk to you about" "Please" Ivy begged

"Soph who is it?" Wanda asked as she approached the door

Her eyes widened in surprise at the site in front of her

"What are you doing here?" Wanda asked in almost an angry tone

"I-I need to talk to Sophia" she trembled

"I don't want to talk to you" Sophia said, anger filling her veins

"I'm not leaving until we talk" Sophia sighed "You have 5 minutes and than I want you gone"

Ivy nodded slightly as they both walked outside

"Talk"

"Look Sophia I need you to believe me, I didn't know anything about my mom's plan, I-I don't even know where she is now"

"You came all this way to tell me that?" Sophia asked with no emotion showing on her face.

"Sophie please-" "No! you have no right to call me that!" Sophia snapped with anger as the memories of her little brothers and Natasha filled her mind.

"I-I'm sorry"

"Sophia please, I swear I didn't know what my mother was up to"

"Would you ever stop lying to me? Your heart skipped a beat I know you're lying"

"Sophia i'm not lying to you I swear, my heart is skipping because I love you"

"What?" "I love you damn it! When will you understand that I didn't know that something was gonna happen to your family, I promise Sophia I had nothing to do with any of this! This past couple of weeks without you has been one of the worst weeks of my life! you are the best thing that ever happened to me and- and I can't lose you. please"

Ivy let out a final sob and placed both hands over her face

"Ivy look at me" Ivy was slightly surprised at Sophia's request but looked up quickly fearing she would change her mind.

"I can't say that i'm willing to forgive you yet because I can't"

Ivy looked down as tears pooled from her eyes.

"But, I don't know if you really were a part of this or not"

"I'm gonna be honest with you Ivy, I don't know if I can forgive you"

Ivy stood there helpless not knowing what to say

"But I can at least give you a chance"

Ivy was shocked. Did she hear her correctly?

"What?" "I will give you a chance, I think you deserve it"

"Oh, uh th-thank you" Sophia smiled slightly

Wow that was not expected Ivy thought to herself did she just smile at me?

"Would you like to come in?"

"Yeah sure if that's ok with you" "It's ok, come in" Sophia said gently as they headed inside the house.

"Sophia, who is this?" Lila asked again

"This is Ivy, she is my gir- friend, she is my friend" "It's nice to meet you Ivy"

"Nice to meet you too"