66.

They were inside, in Yeji's house. Having sneaked Ryujin in, feeling once again like she was back in the past.

Yeji dragging Ryujin through the house while holding onto her hand. It was so warm despite the snow outside and fit perfectly into her own hand.

Closing the door to her bedroom, Yeji smiled as she looked back at Ryujin. Standing in front of her. The girl still wearing her jacket and slowly taking it off. Yeji only observing the action.

After some more kissing, or a lot, they found themselves laying in Yeji's bed.

Yeji's head resting on Ryujin's lap as she sat looking down at her. The two girls busy offering each other smiles.

"I owe you an explanation."

"You really do. And it better be good." Yeji warned, crossing her arms and offering her most intimidating expression. Ryujin only chuckling before poking her cheek. Clearly amused by it.

"I didn't know who that man was until that day." she announced, sighing before gathering her thoughts and trying her best to tell her story. "I was just sitting on the car on my way back to jail when we got into an accident. Next thing I knew there was shots being fired. I must have knocked out for a second. I remember blood dripping from my forehead and my head buzzing before I even realized what was happening."

"One of the policeman accompanying me got shot almost immediately and I managed to free myself because of him. It's easy to fight off a wounded man." She said matter of factly. "I'll spare you the morbid details but eventually it was just me and that man. I've always preferred using my fists. Guns are too messy. Too final. One shot and someone is dead." Ryujin sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I used a phone I found to call you. He had me cornered and I knew I would more than likely not make it. When I sat there, cowardly hiding, I realized for the first time in my life I wanted desperately to make it. To live. I had never cared much about my life before. I didn't have much that made it worth living. But as I was hiding there and all I wanted to do was go back to you."

"The plan was always to have me be placed under protection for as long as the trial of the organized crime association I was in lasted. Which I knew could take a long time. But I never planned for what actually happened." Ryujin admitted. "I saw the footage. I'm sure you've seen it too. Every time i'd see it playing I thought about how you must have been feeling. I never wanted your last image of me to be that."

"It's true. I died." Ryujin stated, chuckling lightly. Watching as Yeji's eyes widened and she sat looking at her curiously.

"Don't worry. You're not imagining me." The girl comforted, placing a kiss on Yeji's nose. Smiling as she pulled away.

"I died but only for a little while. Long enough to fool that man. Luckily one of the policemen had called back up as soon as we got attacked and an ambulance for his partner. It was too late for him, but not for me."

Yeji nodded, understanding but worry still evident in her expression.

Ryujin tried to make her feel better though. Wanting to ease her worries. "I got a cool scar out of it. See?" the girl announced, lifting her t-shirt just enough for her to see it. A scar on the girls stomach where she had been shot. Ryujin smiling before chuckling again as she covered herself up, "Heard girls are into things like this."

Pushing her lightly, she couldn't help but roll her eyes. "You better not be planning to get anymore." A pout on her expression before it turned into a smile when Ryujin kissed her cheek.

"I won't. And don't worry, you're the only girl I'll be showing it to." Ryujin's eyebrows wiggling, teasingly.

"I was placed under protection until that man was arrested. Thanks to a mysterious someone..." Ryujin paused, staring at Yeji accusing stare directed right at her. Which Yeji responded to with an innocent shrug. "And then there was the trials. It took a while, as I knew it would. I couldn't come back earlier even if I desperately wanted to. I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you I was alive. That I was still here and that I would come back to you one day."

"I thought i'd have to wait for another lifetime to see you again."

Ryujin smiled widely. "You did." The girl pointed to where her scar was.

Right. Ryujin had died after all.

"So..." Yeji started, hesitating to ask the question lingering on her mind. "Are you here to stay? You always did want to leave our hometown. Now you're free to do so."

The girl hummed, moving closer to place a kiss on Yeji's lips. Soft and barely touching her. "I read your book. Or should I say my book?"

Cheeks red as could be, Yeji didn't know how to react. She never intended for the other to read it. After all, she was supposed to be dead.

"I have a critique."

Yeji raised a questioning brow, staring at Ryujin who was smirking at her.

"Let's change the ending." The girl let out. "I don't know what i'll do now that I have my freedom but I know I don't want my story to end unhappily."

"And where do I fit in it?"

"You're the happiness, of course."