14.

Yeji hadn't seen Ryujin for a while. Which was nothing new, really. And yet, it was something that was now on her mind.

Somehow she hadn't interacted with the girl for years then suddenly saw her all too often and shared a few moments and memories together. But there were always these breaks, where they would have no interactions of any kind. Sometimes they lasted a week, sometimes they were longer. She wasn't sure what to make of it. Or what to think about Ryujin.

It's not like she missed the older girl. They weren't even friends so that would be ridiculous. But, she couldn't say that Ryujin didn't cross her mind at times. Yeji would be lying if she said that sometimes she would be visiting home, in her kitchen, and didn't find herself hoping the short girl would walk in as if she owned the place.

As spring came around, Yeji was finally able to spend some much necessary time at home. Taking a break from her exhausting schedule and spending time with her family.

Hyunjin picked her up from the station. Heejin sat on the passenger seat of his car. Yeji would be lying if she said she didn't find them cute together. Honestly, she was happy for them and it was a nice sight to see her brother being ridiculously soft with a girl. She had never seen such thing from Hyunjin before. Or even imagined it. In fact, she wasn't even sure he had ever had a serious girlfriend before Heejin.

"Hello, Yeji." Heejin said, smiling at her from her seat.

"Hey. I didn't know you were coming with my brother."

She shrugged. "Ryu ditched on our plans together so I had nothing to do and forced him to bring me along. Hope you don't mind."

Yeji didn't know why the sudden mention of Ryujin made her pay extra attention to what was said, but she could feel her body reacting once she heard the name. Her attention completely on what was being said. After listening carefully to every word, she offered the girl a small smile. "Trust me, you're better company than him. Besides, he's much nicer when you're around."

"Is that so?" Heejin asked, looking at Hyunjin who was clearly listening to their conversation but pretending to be completely focused on the road ahead.

She hummed, looking out of the window with a smile. She's not sure why but her mind kept questioning what Ryujin had been doing to cancel on her plans with Heejin.

Logically, there were too many possibilities and most of them were completely normal and not at all suspicious. But part of her worried.

She's not even sure why. Ryujin was a grown woman and she knew how to handle herself. Besides, she might actually be the one causing trouble, not a victim of any kind. Yeji mentally laughed at herself, finding her worries for the girl she barely knew all too ridiculous and unfounded.

"How long will you stay for?" Hyunjin asked, still focused on driving.

Yeji shrugged. "About a week."

"That's short."

"Yeah. But it's fine. I have things planned with some friends for when I get back."

Hyunjin hummed but spoke again after a few seconds of silence. "Look who has friends now. You've changed."

Yeji scoffed at his clear teasing. But he wasn't wrong. These days she felt herself getting a little more confident and outgoing. It was barely noticeable for anyone else besides herself but, eventually, she hoped to change for the better. And yes, her new friends were a big reason why it was happening. Since they would often get her out of her comfort zone and accompany Yeji in her endeavors of college socializing.

Heejin playfully hit Hyunjin's arm. The latter one feigning pain, earning himself an eye roll from his girlfriend. Yeji only smiling as she saw their interactions. "Don't tease her." She argued, smiling while looking back at her. Yeji smiling back. Heejin was nice, she was happy Hyunjin found her.