28.

Yeji was trying to study. She really was. Her books were open, pen in hand and brows furrowed as she read the same line she had been reading for the past 5 minutes. None of it getting through her head when she could feel Ryujin's gaze on her.

"Stop staring."

Ryujin smirked, taking a sip. "Can't I admire you?"

"You're a flirt, Shin Ryujin. Now let me focus, will you?"

The other smiled, shrugging it off. "Can I have a pen and paper then?"

Yeji raised a questioning brow, hesitating.

"You don't want me staring so..."

"Fine." Yeji let out, giving Ryujin what she asked for and attempting to go back to her studying.

Her gaze adverting eventually to a very focused Ryujin, tongue slightly out while fully focused on whatever it was that she was writing.

"I can feel you staring now." Ryujin let out without even meeting her gaze.

Yeji pouted, feeling a little too called out. Her gaze moving right away to her books again. Trying her best to actually do some studying.

It didn't work.

She kept reading and rereading and doing the same over and over again. Trying her best to actually do some work but failing again. Sighing and exasperating dramatically, closing her book and accepting defeat.

"Can't focus?" Ryujin asked, looking a little too smug about causing her to be unable to focus.

"Shut up." Yeji let out, crossing her arms. "What did you write anyway?" she asked curiously, trying to peek at it.

Ryujin only laughed. "I wrote about you."

"About me?"

The other hummed.

"Can I see?"

Ryujin looked at the page and then at back at Yeji. "This isn't the right moment."

"What?"

Ryujin shrugged.

Suddenly both fighting over the page and Ryujin easily winning possession of it.

"Fine." Yeji let out with a pout, crossing her arms.

Ryujin chuckling and poking her cheek and making Yeji blush at the physical contact.

"When are you going back home?" Yeji was curious. She wanted to know how long Ryujin would be there for. Would they keep running into each other? Would this be the last time until whenever Yeji went back to their hometown?

"Soon."

"So you're staying tonight?"

Ryujin nodded. "I have something to do later. Want to meet after?"

"Where?"

"Here." Ryujin answered by looking up and showing her a search result of a Karaoke bar. It actually wasn't too far from her place.

"Didn't take you for a karaoke person."

"I'm not one. Thought i'd give it a try."

"Trying new things?"

Ryujin nodded, smiling shyly. "I guess."

"I'll be honored to hear your performance later, Shin."

"I can't wait to see you sing your heart out, Hwang."

Both of them laughing before falling into a comfortable silence for a moment.

Ryujin smiled. "11 at the karaoke bar. I'll wait for you."

"I'll be there."

After biding their goodbyes, Yeji watched as Ryujin walked away. Taking in how absolutely cool she looked.

Hands in pockets, leather jacket on and military boots. Her hair tied and bouncing around while she walked away. Yeji caught herself staring, not having realized it until a minute or two into the staring.

Yeji did what she needed to. Finally catching up on her studies when at home, by herself. Making a meal for herself afterwards and taking a shower to get herself ready for the night out with Ryujin.

It was nerve wrecking.

By now it shouldn't be. They had gone out a few times already. Knew each other for about a year and there was no reason for her to feel nervous.

Yet there she was, feeling anxious about her hang out with Ryujin.

Looking at her closet, Yeji felt like she was making an important decision. Although it shouldn't be. It was just an outfit to hang out with Ryujin.

There was no need to overthink.

Yeji sighed, putting on the most basic outfit she could think of. Trying to convince herself it didn't really matter.

By the time she was outside and on her way to meet Ryujin, she suddenly felt self conscious about her outfit. Wondering if having a date would be any worse than this. If a friend date made her this nervous, what would an actual date feel like?

She had to take the subway to the karaoke bar, standing around nervously and wondering if Ryujin had even remembered of their plans.

It had been hours and once again Yeji had failed to ask for Ryujin's phone number. So by then she was just hoping it hadn't slipped the other's mind.

Of course all of it had been overthinking from her. Her worries clearing as she arrived to the location and spotted Ryujin smoking outside of the bar.

Leaning against the wall, cigarette in hand and looking as cool as ever.

How does one make smoking look cool?

Yeji smiled to herself, watching as Ryujin finally noticed her presence and did so too. Putting out the cigarette before Yeji got to her.

"You came."

"Of course I did."

A moment of silence passed between them before the girl spoke again. "You look good."

Yeji only blushed, looking down at herself before she took in the view that was Ryujin. "So do you."

Ryujin only smiled, brushing her hair back with her hand. Her outfit was the same as earlier but this time her hair wasn't tied. She then grabbed her hand, as if it was natural to do so. Seemingly casually but Yeji couldn't help but focus her gaze on their hands together. Being pulled through the front door by Ryujin who guided them inside.