22.

The two girls sat together. After Ryujin prepared her a hot cup of tea and opened a beer for herself. It might be cold outside yet there they sat quietly observing the darkness surrounding them. Ryujin having let Yeji keep her hoodie and her hands warm from the cup she was holding. And partially because of Ryujin who had held them prior to the drink she was now holding.

"Are you not going to tell me what that was all about earlier?"

The other didn't seem surprised by her question. Probably expecting Yeji to eventually ask about it. Her eyes never wavering from the stars in the night sky.

"You're better off in ignorance."

"This isn't working." Yeji huffed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Finally she seemed to get the other's attention, Ryujin's gaze suddenly on her.

"What isn't working for you, Yeji?"

For some reason the girl saying her name made Yeji feel a little nervous but she tried her best to shrug it off and not allow it to affect her.

"This. The mysterious act." Yeji explained, waving one of her hands around before holding her warm cup of tea again.

Ryujin looked amused, chuckling lightly. "You find me mysterious, is it?" Her eyebrows raised. "Do you happen to enjoy mysteries, little Hwang?"

Yeji had not expected that to somehow turn into Ryujin boldly flirting with her yet again, leaving her looking both flustered and caught off guard.

Clearly this image amused Ryujin who laughed as she saw her struggle to speak up and failing to do so. Busying herself with her beer a moment later to hide the smirk that Yeji couldn't help but focus on. Moments before Yeji looking away as she caught herself still focused on her Ryujin's lips while she drank the beer.

Quickly Yeji decided to change the subject. Wanting nothing more than to focus on anything else.

"Was it my brother on the phone? Earlier. It was him, right?"

Ryujin hummed. "He asked if you were with me."

"And you lied."

"And I lied."

Yeji took a sip of the tea. She wasn't sure if it was really tasty tea or maybe it just tasted better because it was Ryujin who had made it.

There were a lot of questions on her mind. Why lie? Was it just because of how protective Hyunjin is? Was it related to the surprise visitor? Why was her brother so protective? Did it bother Ryujin? Did Ryujin want to lie or would she rather be able to spend time with Yeji without lying? Was her presence worthy of lying to Hyunjin?

She didn't ask any of those however.

"So what's up with the graffiti?"

"Oh. Those?" Ryujin chuckled. "They're old."

"I noticed there's one of your name."

Ryujin hummed. "One of your brother's too. And Heejin's."

"I guess this is your place then?"

"Not really. I mean, it used to be. Now it's mostly just me. Those two rarely spend time here anymore." Ryujin explained, smiling softly while looking at the view despite most of it being darkness. "Everyone moves on eventually."

"Yet it seems you still come here often."

"I do. Sometimes."

"So when are you moving on?"

Ryujin looked back at her, shrugging. "I told you. I'm stuck here."

"Physically or emotionally?" Yeji questioned. Drinking some more of her tea and finding comfort in the warmth.

"Stop. You sound like a college student that had a philosophy class and suddenly gives life lessons."

"You know a lot of those?" Yeji countered, an eyebrow raised.

Ryujin only smirked. "I know a few rather intimately." Drinking from her beer bottle after. Looking way too proud about what she had implied.

"Ew, Ryujin." Yeji yelled out, lightly pushing Ryujin. She definitely did not want to think about that.

Of course that only caused Ryujin to laugh harder, making Yeji herself crack up too. Both of them laughing together at the ridiculous conversation they just had.

"I really don't want to go home." Yeji exclaimed, their laughter nothing but chuckles and heavy breathing now.

"Why not?"

She didn't know. Truthfully her home life was perfect. There was no reason for her not to want that and yet, she wanted nothing more than staying there all night. In spite of the cold weather. Maybe it was the unpredictability that surrounded Ryujin and their moments together. Or perhaps the boredom of her painfully average life filled with banality.

Yeji simply shrugged.

"Maybe you don't have to go home yet but we should get you inside at least. If you so much as sneeze and Hyunjin finds out you were with me, i'm dead."

She only rolled her eyes, smiling at how caring her annoying brother could be but part of her annoyed about it. She can take care of herself.

"Seriously. I'm too young to die, little Hwang. So move." Ryujin stated, standing up and offer her hand. Pulling Yeji up with surprising ease and making her wonder just how strong the other was. Almost forgetting to follow her back inside. Blinking herself out of thoughts related to the other's strength once the other pulled her towards the door, Ryujin still holding her hand.

"I was enjoying observing the stars and the city lights. Even if it was cold." Yeji complained, but followed Ryujin. Not even trying to release herself from her grasp. Partially because Ryujin's hand was very warm and that felt way too nice due to the cold.

Ryujin hummed. "I was too." She was looking at her now. Closing the door after Yeji walked inside. Her stare a little too intense but Yeji didn't get why that was. "I was enjoying observing too." The other added, dropping her hand finally. But moving a finger to make contact afterwards and smiling at her.

God, she was so naturally charming. It was no wonder most people either wanted to be Ryujin or be with her back in high school.

Had Yeji been anyone else this situation would have easily escalated.

But Yeji wasn't anyone else.

She was someone with no experience in situations like this one. No clue about the effect the flirting had on her. Oblivious at its best. Much to Ryujin's torture she would come to presume one day.