6.

Yeji was busy studying for her exams. These were the most important exams of her life and the last thing she would be doing as a high schooler.

She hadn't left her room all weekend, only to use the bathroom. Her mother would occasionally drop some food inside, but only because she knew Yeji wasn't going to move to feed herself.

Suddenly, the door to her room opened.

"You know, overworking is as bad as slacking off. Your brain is going to be fried by the time you take the exams."

She only rolled her eyes at what her brother said, not even bothered to glance back at him.

Hyunjin hadn't left yet, judging by the fact she hadn't heard the door close or steps walking away from her.

"Ryujin and I are going out to get noodles. Ma is working tonight and I don't feel like cooking. Want to come with?"

Yeji shouldn't. She could just eat whatever was in their kitchen. She had to study for the most important exams of her life after all.

So why had her body made a decision before she could finish the inner debate going inside her mind? Why had she turned to face her brother?

"Fine. But make it quick."

Hyunjin seemed amused while she aggressively stepped out of her bedroom. As if she hadn't just agreed to go with without him having to ask twice.

This time around it seemed that Ryujin would be the one to pick them up. Judging by the fact they were standing around outside their house waiting for something.

Not five minutes later, she had arrived, smiling at both of them through the window.

Naturally, her brother sat on the passenger seat. Leaving her sitting on the backseat by herself.

"Don't you two work today?"

"I had a morning shift." Ryujin answered, focusing on the road ahead.

Hyunjin was looking out the window. "It's my day off."

Yeji only hummed. There was a lot she wanted to ask, like if they could finally explain all that had happened lately. But she didn't.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at their destination. Yeji eyeing them as she realized this was where both of them worked.

"Really?"

Ryujin chuckled, starting to cross the street with the others following right behind her. "Heejin is working so we're eating with her."

"I thought you were treating me to a good meal." She complained, playfully punching her brother.

"I did say we would be getting noodles." Hyunjin defended. "You were just to excited at the mention of someone's name to notice." He was teasing her, she knew that. And she hated every second of it.

Ryujin seemed to understand where he was getting at and smiled right at Yeji, who couldn't help but blush. Why had she agreed to this? She should have just stayed inside in the safety of her room instead of coming out here and be teased this way.

Both of them, and Heejin as well, worked at a convenience store. One of the stores that seems to always be open. Honestly, not the best place to eat at but it wasn't bad either. And they did have a big selection of snacks.

"Fine. But you're paying."

Hyunjin seemed amused by it, placing an arm around her shoulders. "Isn't that a given? Maybe you can take it off the 50 I owe you."

"No way. That remains a full price deal. You're lucky I'm not making your girlfriend pay for my discretion as well."

Ryujin's interest seemed to peak at the mention of the word girlfriend, raising her eyebrows at Hyunjin. But whatever words were lingering on her lips, quickly got replaced with her focus on Heejin greeting them.