20.

"You have a punching bag?" Yeji stated, moving closer to it excitingly. She had never used one before but movies always made boxing look so cool.

As soon as she was close enough, Yeji punched the bag, lightly and clearly without any form nor technique.

"You're god awful at this." Ryujin stated, arms crossed while observing her attentively.

The younger girl smiled nonetheless, shrugging it off. "It's still fun."

However, Ryujin looked more concerned than amused, watching her punch the bag.

"You know what's more fun? Not spraining a wrist."

Yeji looked at Ryujin who was now holding the punching bag, eyebrows raised in defiance. "Says the one who's always covered in bruises and cuts."

Ryujin only shrugged. "That's besides the point. Your brother would literally kill me if you ended up hurt in my presence."

"I see." Yeji mumbled, punching the bag twice more. Lightly as to avoid injuring herself. It somehow was disappointing to find out the only reason why Ryujin seemed to care was because of Hyunjin. Then again, she's not sure what answer would have satisfied her. And she didn't want to know.

"Stop." Ryujin suddenly said, moving closer to her. Far closer than Yeji had expected her, causing her to instinctively take a step back until the other got a hold of her wrist. The older girl easily keeping her from moving any further and gently tugging her towards herself. Her eyes focused on Yeji and making her go along with whatever was happening, her mind completely cleared of any and all thoughts.

"I can't keep my promise of protecting you if you hurt yourself." Ryujin said, this time her voice lower now that she was closer. Yeji taking note of how deep Ryujin's voice was.

With a sigh, Yeji put down her arms. Admitting defeat but without failing to roll her eyes at an overly protective Ryujin who was still standing far too close.

"I can handle myself." Yeji argued, moving along to explore another corner of the club house.

"I'm sure you can, little Hwang." Ryujin spoke, walking after her while she touched several objects laying around. Such as a baseball, some old cameras, books and even vinyls.

"Why do you call me that anyway?"

The older of the two chuckled, touching the box she was already touching, standing closely behind her. If she had any intentions of opening it, the action had cleared all plans and any others thoughts from her mind. "It's just fitting."

"I'm not little."

"Stop questioning my nickname for you, Hwang."

Yeji turned her face, raising her eyebrows at the other girl who looked entirely too amused.

"Fine, Shin."

With that, Ryujin frowned. As if Yeji had just insulted her.

"What? You don't like it?"

Ryujin clicked her tongue, running a hand through her hair and moving to sit on a chair nearby. "It's not that."

"What then?"

"Well-"

Whatever she was about to say got interrupted by the ringing of Ryujin's phone. The older girl looking at her screen and suddenly appearing slightly alarmed. As if she had done something wrong.

"What's up?"

"Yes, I am. Why?"

Ryujin chuckled but she looked nervous. At least that's what it looked like to her.

"She's not with me." Suddenly, Ryujin's gaze met hers and Yeji understood why she looked guilty moments before. It must be her brother calling and interrogating her about Yeji.

"I'm telling you."

"What do you mean?"

"Right now?"

"No. He can't."

"Fuck"

"Can't you stop him?"

"I'm not saying that but just stall him?"

"What do you mean he already left?"

"How much time-"

Suddenly a loud bang came from downstairs, making both of them jump in reaction to the sound. Yeji's heart suddenly racing at the unknown source of the noise. Ryujin's reaction only causing her more anxiety. Her eyes widened as she looked between Yeji and the closed door to the club house.

"Don't worry."

"She's not here." Ryujin was lying. They both knew it. The two girls staring at each other, worry clear on their expression. Although, Yeji's worry came from the unknown and Ryujin's from what she knew.

"I have to go."

Then, as fast as humanly possible, Ryujin hung up and moved to the door. Setting up the alarm and turning off all the lights.

Yeji wasn't too sure of what she should do. Only standing in the same place and observing as Ryujin started gathering a few objects in a hurry.

Finally, she moved closer to Yeji. Bitting her lower lip before glancing at the door and back at the girl. "I need you to do something, okay?"

She wasn't sure what it was but the way Ryujin was looking at her only caused the younger girl to worry more. She would have done anything the other had asked of her in that moment. If only to ease the feeling she was sure both felt.

"I need you to take this and go to the rooftop, Yeji." She asked, giving her a few things to hold. "Can you do that for me?"

For some reason she felt compelled to say no. To argue that she would be standing right there. That she wouldn't be leaving Ryujin in that moment.

But Ryujin looked at her with pleading eyes and she knew it was a battle she could not win. A war lost before it started.

With hesitation she took the objects from the girl standing in front of her. Getting gently guided in a hurry by Ryujin to what she noticed was a passage to the rooftop. She wouldn't even have noticed had Ryujin not guided her there. The door hidden behind a sliding panel.

The moment the other revealed the door, she nudged her inside, offering a comforting smile but faltering as she reacted to the loud noises that could be heard by the club house door now.

"Can you make me a promise?"

Yeji only nodded, still holding onto what Ryujin had given her.

"Don't make a noise or leave the rooftop, okay? No matter what you hear."

Yeji nodded again.

"Promise me."

"I promise but-"

"It's fine." Ryujin smiled again, this time showing her the whiskers Yeji adored. "I'll be right back. I promise."

And with that she closed the panel between them.