Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Sketched and Treasured

Amox'

"Are you really sure about your decision, Amox? " Curie asked again for the third time in the day. She just barged right into my room to ask me the same question while I was fixing my things. I uninterestedly nodded my head to answer her.

Dad needed someone to pursue his plans and I grabbed the opportunity right at that moment. I wanted to get away, I am suffocated every passing day for the past few years. This is my only chance to have space— to think things through. Probably, help with what my Mom paved.

"Are you just doing this to get away from your father?" she confirmed making me sigh.

Itinaas ko ang kilay ko, at humalukipkip din. "Why not?" balik kong tanong.

"But you will still come back here, right?" Dad wants to get the trust of the board of WU-C Hospital. Hopefully, merge with his agenda. It was Mom's plan to widen Vestrella Chains. But now that she's years gone, we can only pursue her plans on behalf of her. Which, I know Curie had knowledge of. I just don't get why she's continuously asking me the same thing all over again. It's senseless.

"What if just let Clind do that agenda? Since he's already in Victoria, he could just transfer to Cavana and you could stay here. You can have a better future if you study in—"

"No school nor a university can dictate a person's possible future's stableness, Curie. At isa pa, alam ko naman kung bakit nagdadalawang isip ka sa disisyon ko. You don't have to come."

"But your parents want me to go with you!"

Ako lang naman talaga ang uuwi. Clind's already back in the Philippines to handle the Victoria branch, months ago. Earlier, Dad talked about the Westlerian plan, we were with the Vellardez' when the talk happened. Zart actually wants to do it too, but since it was Mom's idea— I was glad Dad chose to respect that and let me handle the case.

Madali lang naman ang gagawin ko. I'll just bring the proposal to Westlerian Admins, and higher officials— engage, reach out, and pursue the board members of the hospital. If ever I'll pass the first step, I'll study how it's going there and report back to Dad, until they got a deal.

It would be hard if I'll be distracted but why would I be? Gusto ko itong gawin. Para kay Mom at para sa akin. If a set of 4 years will pass with the moment when I can breathe, why not?

I know we all did our best to cope with each other. And somehow we got along with Zart. I've adjusted to our merged family case here in Boston but still, it's different every time I remember Mom.

"You feel guilty because you promised my stepmom you'll do everything so that dad and I can fix our relationship with each other, but to be frank with you Curie, it's out of your concern anymore. Don't feel guilty for our family, it's long broken," I reminded her.

I'll visit Mom first in Davao before going to Cavana. I have to pay respect first. Lalo na't para sa kaniya ang gagawin kong ito. Mom's dream was to have Vestrella Chain of Hospitals all around the Philippines— to give beneficiary help to everyone and to anyone. Either you could be no one or someone.

"Mom, Clind also visited you—huh?" tanto ko marahil may bulaklak na nalanta na sa puntod ni Mom. I know for sure that it was Clind. He flew months earlier than me.

"Kuya's already doing an action with the Victoria Branch, Mom. Huwag kang mag-alala. Paniguradong hindi pababayaan ni Kuya ang pinaghirapan mo. While as for the merging plan with Westlerian, I hope you'll guide me to success, Mom. I'll make you proud. Please lead me to your goal."