Chapter 66

In Blackie's house...

"Black Akari! You're back!"
"Oh, dear. You've grown so much"
"How was everything? Did you have fun?"
"Was everything alright?"
"... Yes, I've been alright. Thanks for your concern"
"Don't be so formal with us. We're your parents, after all"
"... I have to go now"
"Huh?! To where?"
"To school"
"What?! But it's the 15th of August now! The school is closed!"
"... Ah"
"?"

I completely forgot that the school is always closed during the month of August.

"... I have to leave now"
"To where?!"
"I want to take some fresh air. I'll be back"
"... Okay"
*clack*
*woosh*

...

In Blackie's office...

"Okay, first, let's see-"
'Sir Luka, you can't come in as you please! Sir-'
*BAM*
"SIS!" *run* *hug*
"Luka, what are you doing?"
"I missed you, sis. So I came as soon as I could."
*sigh* "Eluma, you can leave"
*nod*
*clack*
*pat* "Did you go to the market?"
"Yes! I went there with Diane and we brought lots of outfits and food!"
*chuckle* "That's good to hear"
"Sis, will you come and eat dinner with us? I'll cook!"
"Well, I do have a lot of things to do-"
*puppy eyes* "Please~"
*sigh* "At what hour?"
*bright* "8 P.M!"
"Okay"
"Thank you! Now I will leave to start cooking!" *let go*
*nod* "See you then"
"Yes!"
*clack*

...

At 8 P.M...

*tok tok*
"Who is it?"
"It's me"
"Sis! Come in!"
*clack*
*hug* "Welcome!"
*chuckle* "Thanks. Here, this is for you" *hands over a box*
*open* "What is this- cookies?!"
"Yes"
"Did you cook them for me?!"
*nod*
"B, but how did you know that I love your cookies?!"
"Well, I might not remember much from my past life, but I at least remember what my adorable brother likes"
*teary*
"Eh?! Luka! Why are you crying?!"
"No, it's just... I thought that you forgot about our relationship and... I tried to help you out, but I thought it was useless. So I'm, I'm really, really happy" *hic*
"..." *hug*
"!"
"Thank you so much"
"For what?"
"For staying alive and healthy. After hearing that you disappeared because of me, I thought that I will never be able to see you in this life. So when I knew that you were alive, I wanted to go and search for you, and I'm glad I did. But don't ever disappear because of me again, understand?"
*nod*
*pat*
"... Sis"
"Hm?"
"Do you... do you remember what you did to me when I was sad, or crying?"
"... You mean this?" *kiss on his forehead*
*smile* "Yes"
*chuckle*

Who would think that such a cutie pie would kill someone? Even though he's overprotective, at least he listens to me... and he's SO CUTE! I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE SUCH AN ADORABLE BROTHER!

*let go* "Is dinner ready? I'm really hungry"
"Yes! Let's sit"
*nod*
*clack*
"Oh, master! You're here!"
"Oh, hey Diane. How was your day?"
"It was great. Thanks to you, master, we were able to purchase everything we need."
"That's good to hear"
"Diane! You should come and eat with us!"
"No way. How could I eat at the same table as master?"
*sigh* "Diane, come and sit"
"No-"
"It's an order"
"... Then, thank you for the food" *sit*
*ring ring*
"Sis? Who is it?"
*takes the phone* "... It's Eluma"
*unpleased* "Eluma again?"
*answer* "... Eluma?"
'Oh, Blackie! Where are you?'
"... Why?"
'Well, Hexy and I thought that since you just came back, we should celebrate this-'
"Eluma"
'Yes?'
"Right now, I am eating dinner with my brother and Diane"
'... You mean sir Luka?'
"Yes. And I'm not leaving-"
'Blackie'
"Hexy?"
'You just came back after 2 years of absence. And you've been with your brother for more than 5 months. Don't you think that you should at least prioritize us now?'
"... Hexy"
'Yes?'
"Since when did you become so arrogant?"
'What?!'
"I don't remember asking for your opinion."
'Blackie, that's not what I mean-'
"I'm busy right now, so I'll call you back later. Bye"
'Blackie, wait-'
*end call*
"... Sis"
"?"
"If you want, you can go. After all, you didn't see them for 2 whole years"
"Sir Luka is right. You should go, master. We'll dine together another time"
"... Then, excuse me" *gets up*
*clack*
*sad*
"Sir Luka, are you alright?"
*nod* "I'm just a little sad"
"... Because master left, right?"
"That's not the only reason"
"Huh? Then why?"
"... When she was talking on the phone, I felt for a second that my return only harmed her."
"What?! Why would you say that?!"
*teary* "Even though she didn't see them for a long time, she still got mad at them and turned them down because of me. I felt like... like I'm interfering in her life."
"... I'm sure master doesn't think like that"
"I just... I just wanted to be with her. I wanted to protect her. But from the very first day after she came back, all I did was inviting her to dinner while she had so many things to do. I'm really selfish when it comes to her"
"... Sir Luka..."
*sob* *stands up* "I'm sorry, but I don't feel like eating anymore. I'll go back to my room-"
"Ha? I thought you invited me, but now you're going back"
"?!" *turn*
"Master!"
"... Sis"
"... Luka, why are you crying?"
"Ah... it's nothing. What are you doing here?"
"I had to take care of 2 kids, and I'm back. Let's continue our meal"
"... You're not staying with them?"
"You're more important"
"..." *run* *hug*
"?!"
"Sis..." *crying*
"... There, there. Everything is fine. I'm here" *hug*
"Eum... sorry to interrupt, but can we eat now? The food looks delicious!"
*let go* "She's right. Let's start, shall we?"
*bright* "Yes!"

<flashback>
*woosh*
"Oh, Blackie! You're-"
*angry* "What do you think you're doing?"
"What?"
"I said, what do you think you're doing?!"
"What do you mean"
"You do know how much I missed my brother, and how much I wanted to spent time with him, and yet you talked like this!"
"... Looks like he's not the only one who's overprotective"
"Don't change the subject and answer me"
*sigh* "I said that because it's true. You've been with him for more than 5 months, while you left us for 2 years, and now you still want to stay with him, even though today is Eluma's birthday?"
"... These are 2 different matters"
"How so?"
"Even though I was with him for approximately 6 months, we couldn't have a real conversation because the way back was hard. During this time, Luka was searching for a way to get back as early as possible because I wanted to arrive at Eluma's birthday, while Diane took care of our food and stay. And I was in charge of assuring our safety. So in short, we did not have enough time to talk. I planned on talking to him when we come back. But here you are, ruining everything."
"Blackie... you came back on my birthday on purpose?"
"Yes. I told you I'd make up for it, so I thought that after I leave Luka's house, we'd go and celebrate your birthday in the human world. But as always, you guys act before thinking."
"... Sorry"
*sigh* "It doesn't matter anymore-"
"But Blackie, saying that I'm arrogant was really mean"
"... Am I wrong?"
"What?"
"While I was away, it looks like forgot who your master is" *approach*
"!"
"Hexy, do not forget. I am your master, not the inverse. Even if you try to use the power of the mark against me, it won't work anymore, since Diane is now here. You do know how much I always respected you, but you still talked to me like that. Do you think I'd let this slide?"
"... So what will you do?"
"For now, I will not use your power"
"What?! But this means that-"
"Yes, you'll go back to the human world and stay there, until I tell you to come back."
"Blackie-!"
"Do not talk to me like that again. I am not doing this because I think highly of myself and you know that. But because you need to fix that bad habit of yours. That is all."
"... So you want me to call you 'master' from now on?"
"No, I want you to respect me. That is all I'm asking from you"
"... I understand"

She is right. Even though she's my master, I think I went overboard, especially since it's about her brother. I wasn't really polite, but still... this punishment is too much! How can she do that to me! She knows how much I hate staying in the human world!

"And you, Eluma"
"!"
"I said I'll make up for it, so let's meet tonight at around 9 P.M. We'll go wherever you want"
"... Just the two of us?"
"As you wish. This is your birthday after all"
*smile* "Thank you, Blackie!"
"... Now then, see you"
"Wait, where are you going?!"
"... I told you, didn't I? I'm going back to my little puppy"
"Little puppy?"
"You mean... sir Luka?"
"Yep! I mean, he's just like a little puppy, don't you think"
"... Well..."
"That's a little..."
"?"

He's only like that with you

"Anyway, see you"
"See you!"
*woosh*
<end of flashback>