Chapter 34

"You're back"
"Yes, sorry my love, I made you waiting"
"It's okay"
"What did you talk about?"
"Oh, nothing much. He just wanted to get to know about me more because he thought I was suspicious, since someone did not fully introduce me"
"It's not like everybody is so excited to know who... my boyfriend is exactly"
*blush*
"Eluma? What's the matter?"
"... You called me your boyfriend for the first time"
"You didn't like it?"
"What? No! Of course, I liked it! I was just surprised because it was the first time-"
"Whatever, don't do that face next time"
"Huh? Why?!"
"You'll know later on. For now, just get used to it"
"... Okay"
"Anyways, don't you want to eat some fruits? I know that you prefer cake and cookies, but you should eat something healthier from time to time."
*dazed*
"What is it now?"
"How did you remember what I like?"
"And why wouldn't I? I am your girlfriend after all, so I should at least know your tastes"
"Ah..."
*glance* "Yamel~"
"Monica? What is it?"
"Do you want some cookies? I am sure that you'll love them! I did them myself just for you!"
"Ah... well, thanks"
*smile*
*bite* "They are... delicious"
"REALLY? I'm so glad! Maria, Sarah, do you want some?"
"That's..."
"... Okay"
*smile*
"..." *chuckle*
"Black Akari, why are you laughing?"
"Hm? No, nothing"
"What do you mean 'nothing'? You were laughing just a second ago!"
"It's just... you really don't pay attention to your surroundings"
"Huh? What are you talking about?"
"Well, if you were that attentive, you should know that Yamel hates anything related to sweets, and that Maria can't eat something as rich in sugar as cookies since she always pays attention to her line, and that your cookies are not well baked, that's why Sarah can't really eat them."
*silence*
"... Blackie, how do you know all these things about them?"
"Well, when we were still friends, I always paid attention to what they eat, their hobbies, their preferences, everything. And for the cookies, it's just that I was drinking water when I saw Monica taking the cookies out of the oven"
"Black Akari... you remember all of this from this time?!"
"... Yes, that's how much I loved you all. But life isn't always as easy as it seems"
"..."
"Anyways, Eluma you should really eat some fruits for your heal-"
*grabs and go to the kitchen*
"Eluma, what are you-"
*hugs*
"Eluma?! Why so suddenly?!"
"I... I don't want you to know all of these things about them, I don't want you to pay any attention to Yamel!"
"... Eluma, are you... jealous?"
*gasp*
"... *sigh* Look, if you think I'll abandon you because of that-"
"Yes, I am"
"What?"
"I am jealous."
"!"
"Blackie, I never asked you anything, but please... don't look at them, just me, look at me and only me, please!"
"... You don't have to worry that much"
"What?" *let go*
"I wasn't paying attention to them, just like I said, it's just some information that I remember from the time when we were still friends, nothing more, nothing less. I never, and will never pay attention to them ever again, so you don't have to worry, alright?"
"..." *nod*
"Good. Now let's get back before they get the wrong idea"

...

"Thank you for coming"
"No, we should be the ones thanking you for this delicious lunch"
"It was nothing. See you soon"
"Bye bye~"
"Bye"
*clack*
"You guys can stay as much as you want. I'll prepare something warm for you to drink"
"Thanks, Mom!"
*leaves*
"Black Akari, we want to tell you something"
"?"
"... It's about what happened these 2 days. We didn't want to talk about it because we thought it wasn't the right time, but now I guess we should tell you."
"Wait! Are we supposed to believe you-"
"Eluma, let me hear them."
"?!"
"Continue"
"Well... I guess it's better to go somewhere quieter"
"... Deal"
*woosh*

...

"Huh? Where are we?"
"Wait, isn't this the director's office of the magic academy? How did we get here? And where is the director?"
"If you have nothing to say other than questions then it'd be better if-"
"No! Please hear us out!"
"Talk"
"The first day, when you were behind the ruby tree-"
"Monica, can I say what happened?"
"Maria... go ahead"
"That day, a guy with a mask came at us, and told us that we call you and talk behind your back, and he threaten us that he'll kill Estelle's mother and he'll transform our lives into a living hell if we don't do what he's asking us. At first, we didn't believe him, but when he told us he's gonna take Estelle's mother as hostage, we immediately accepted"
"And the same guy told me and Yamel to become a 'couple' and tell everyone about it, threatening us with our lives. Of course, we didn't trust his words in the beginning, but when we saw his devilish aura, we automatically believed him and did what he want."
"But Black Akari, we promise you that we never betrayed you or anything"
"That's right! And we did want to tell you, but we were afraid that he'd harm us if we told you anything"
"And we thought that maybe when all of this ends, we might tell you everything"
"..."
"Black Akari, I know it sounds absurd, but-"
"I knew it"
"... What?"
"I knew it all along"
"... What do you... what do you mean you knew it all along?!"
"I investigated and knew what happened these 2 days. All of it, I was aware of it"
*silence*
"... THEN WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!"
"Monica, calm down"
"HOW DO YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN SHE TELLS US THAT SHE KNEW EVERYTHING BUT SHE STILL DECIDED TO HURT US?!"
"Blackie... did you really know?"
*nod*
"Black Akari, if you knew, then why do you want to take revenge"
"Because you didn't trust me"
"What?"
"Did you really think that the past me would've let anyone harm your mother? Or harm you or anyone you know?"
"... That's-"
"Did you really think the past me would've let something as dangerous as this slide without doing anything?"
"..."
*stands up* *shout* "Answer me! Did you really think that I wouldn't be able to beat this guy? Did you really have this little faith in my power?! And you want me to FORGIVE YOU?! DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM THIS STUPID?! ANSWER ME!"
"..."
"If you talked to me about what happened and what you were going to do, I might've accepted it. If only you were honest with me, if you trusted me, we would've found a solution together and we wouldn't be here at this moment! But all you did was hurting me again and again! AND YOU WANT ME TO FORGIVE YOU?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!"
"... I..."
*sigh* *sits down* "I don't want to hear anything from you anymore, get out of here now"
"Black Akari-"
"GET OUT!"
"..."
"Eluma, get out as well"
"... As you wish"
*clack*
"These guys... they have no limit to their bold attitude... I hate them, I hate them, I HATE THEM ALL!" *huff huff*

Just you wait until I get ready, and I'll be the one to transform your life into a living hell!