Chapter 31

*tok tok*
"Oh, hello Blackie! Just wait a sec and I'll be read-"
*BAM* (close the door)
"HEY! What was that about- oh, sorry I didn't notice that I... still didn't wear my shirt."
"..." *slightly blushing*

I... I feel a little hot all of a sudden. This guy is really nothing but trouble!

*open the door*
"I'm ready, let's go"
"... Okay"
"Blackie, regarding yesterday... I am sorry if you got into a fight with your parents because of my greed!"
"... Eluma, let me ask you something"
"?"
"Who I am?"
"Huh? You're Blackie-"
"My full name"
"Black Akari"
"Exactly. Do you really think that I would care whether or not they got mad at me? Don't forget that you're not talking about the past Akari who would always cry when she is slightly scolded. Plus, they wouldn't dare raise their voices in front of me, so you don't need to worry. And one more thing, stop apologizing cause it's getting on my nerves. If I didn't want to stay, I would've told you, don't you think?"
"... Does that mean that you wanted to stay?!"
"It's not that I wanted to stay, but I didn't want to get back home, that's all"
"..." *blush*
"Why is your face so red?"
"I, it's nothing"

I'm so happy I feel like crying!

...

At school...

"Good morning everyone"
"Good morning miss"
"Before we start our lesson, I just wanted to inform you that Christmas vacation will begin starting next week-end."
"Yeeeyyy~"
"Finally, we're getting some rest-"
"But before that, there is your midterms that will take place next week"
"WHAT? SO SOON?"
"If you want, we can do them after the vacation"
"No, doing them now is better"
"But we won't have enough time to study!"
"Calm down. Let's take a vote. Those who wants to do the exams next week raise your hands"
*14 students raise their hands*
"Okay, and those who want to do them after the vacations get up please"
*14 students get up*
"... This is troublesome. The numbers are equal, even though you're 29 students. Someone didn't vote. Okay, those who did vote now get up"
*everyone gets up except Blackie*
"Akari, could you please vote?"
"... For what?"
"Do you want to do the exams now or after you come back from the break?"
"... I don't care"
"Akari, this is not a way to talk to me as your teacher. And you have to vote cause the two parties are equal"
*sigh* "Let's do them now"
"Okay, so it's decided. We'll do the exams next week"
"Okay~"
"Well then, let's begin our lesson"
*some glare at Blackie*

I guess I'll have to deal with some kids today

...

End of classes...

"Blackie, do you want us to get back home together-"
"Akari, can we talk to you for a sec?"
"... Eluma, go back without me"
"... Okay"

...

On the roof...

"Why did you accept to do the exams next week?"
"None of your business"
"Oh, but I guess it is! How do you expect us to study and get good grades in such a short time?!"
"I don't know"

This isn't good, at this rate, they'll surely hurt her. I have to stop them

"What do you mean you don't know? You'll help us!"
"Of course not."
"This is your fault in the first place! So, you better help us. Only if you have a better solution"
"... You can start by studying now instead of complaining right now"
"You! How dare you talk to us like this!" *raise her hand*

No! I have to stop-

*hold*
"Aouch!"
"Don't you dare raise your hand on me ever again, got it?"
"You-"
*grip*
"Agh!!! Okay, okay, okay! I got it! Just let go!"
*let go*
"Tsk, we won't let it slide!" *run away*
"... You can come out now"
*gasp* "How did you know I was here?"
"I know everything"
"... Sorry, but I was just worried"
"What did I tell you in the morning?"
"But-"
"Eluma, don't let me repeat myself. I don't need your protection all day long. When I need you, I won't hesitate to call you. So, don't spy on me and stay by my side as if you're my personal assistant. I did accept you to be my knight, but not 24/7, deal?"
"... Yes"
"Good. Now then, let's go"
"Okay"

She's right. I am being too clingy. At this rate she'll distance herself from me. I better stop stick at her all the time.

"By the way, Blackie"
"?"
"Why did you say that you want to do the exams next week?"
"I want to train during Christmas vacation"
"Ahh, okay"

If only it was because of me...